Prince Hussein named Crown Prince of Jordan: July 2, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes she did:lol:,cute video of the little prince,the Late King looked so proud of his grandson.
Yes, Lilo, you're right - the Late King was extremely happy to have such a family. I believe that one day Prince Husein will be as a responsible and wise king as his father and grandfather. Jordan should be pround of such monarchs!

Congratulations

by the Jordan Times

The Constitution of the land makes designation of the Crown Prince a pressing demand; in accordance with it, the eldest son of the King is normally assigned Crown Prince, and what the Royal Decree issued on July 2 did was simply to give expression to the normative practice in this regard.
Jordanians welcomed the decision, expressing happiness and deep satisfaction that the post of Crown Prince has been filled in strict compliance with the organic law of the Kingdom....
We congratulate the Crown Prince on this happy occasion and pray to God that he will be most successful in all his endeavours under the watchful eyes of the King and Queen.

Jordan Times

Wow, Finally a brand new Crown Prince. Congratulations Crown Prince Hussein.

Fairly speaking, I am not surprised to learn that Prince Hussein will become a Crown Prince. The precedent was set by the late King Hussein, who, shall we say, appointed his eldest to ascend the throne.

Ditto. It was only a matter of time before this happened, frankly. I kept thinking what would the late King Hussein would be thinking, seeing that his son repeated history by removing his brother as CP and replacing him with his eldest son. I wonder if he would have approved.

Ditto. It was only a matter of time before this happened, frankly. I kept thinking what would the late King Hussein would be thinking, seeing that his son repeated history by removing his brother as CP and replacing him with his eldest son. I wonder if he would have approved.

In both cases, the king was acting in accordance with the Jordanian constitution, under which a monarch’s eldest son is heir to the throne.
Let’s not forget the fact that Prince Hassan also replaced his nephew, Crown Prince Abdullah, due to the exceptional circumstances at the time. CP Abdullah had assumed the position at birth.
The Constitution of The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

Well, to be honest, it is no great surprise. Many have been expecting it since Abdullah became king despite Rania's disingenuous remarks in interviews. It is why Hamzah was stripped of the title by Abdullah in the first place.

Queen Rania never implied anything to the contrary, when asked how she felt about her son being CP, she only implied that she thought he was too young for the job, and considering that was at least 4 years ago, you can see why a mother would say that. Being CP in a country like Jordan is not easy, particularly when the royal family have had their lives threatened on more than one occasion. Prince Hussein is still young but not a baby, if he is to be King of Jordan one day, he’ll need to start preparing for that role now. He has a demanding job ahead of him and he’s going to need everyone around him to help and guide him. This is not the time to bring out old axes that need grinding (re: Prince Hamzah).

Last edited:
AMMAN (Petra) - His Majesty King Abdullah on Sunday received letters from Their Royal Highnesses Prince Hamzah and Prince Hashem, congratulating him over naming HRH Prince Hussein as Crown Prince.
In his letter, Prince Hamzah extended his best wishes to the King and Prince Hussein, expressing hope that his nephew will follow in the footsteps of his forefathers and bring progress and prosperity to the Kingdom.
Prince Hashem also extended his congratulations to King Abdullah in his letter, expressing his best wishes for Prince Hussein to serve and strengthen the nation. ...

Jordan Times

this is good news,it was time for Jordan to have a crown prince.
I hope a very good luck to the young prince.

Has the new Crown Prince recieved congratulatins from Queen Noor?

Has the new Crown Prince recieved congratulatins from Queen Noor?

I do not think so, but it doesn't matter: Female members of the royal family are not expected to send (public) congratulations to a new king or crown prince.

Congratulations to CP Hussein ...

Congratulations to Prince Hussein.

I was a little surprised by the timing, as I had thought they would wait until his 18th but maybe they felt an announcemewnt was more prudent as he has started attending official events.

Contrats to Prince Hussein!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom