Official visit to the US: February 28-March 6, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i read that they plan for break in Colorado in order to enjoy skiing there,maybe this is way we don't have any photos of them in official duties this two days.
maybe some one have Paparazzi photos.

i read that they plan for break in Colorado in order to enjoy skiing there,maybe this is way we don't have any photos of them in official duties this two days.
maybe some one have Paparazzi photos.
Again skiing? Where have you read this?

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania to Attend Lunch Announcing Friends of J

Press release

Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al-Abdullah will attend on Thursday, 6 March, 2008 a lunch to announce the official launch of the US House of Representatives Friends of Jordan Caucus.

The lunch, hosted in honor of Their Majesties by the Ambassador of Jordan His Highness Prince Zeid Raad and the Friends of Jordan Caucus, will take place at the Library of Congress.

StreetInsider.com - Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania to Attend Lunch Announcing Friends of Jordan Caucus, 6 March

Given the distances between NY, Colorado and Washington (even with a private plane) I suspect if they did go skiing in Colorado for the weekend, they did so only because they were invited by some important persons in the US and went for networking / diplomatic purposes.

Given the distances between NY, Colorado and Washington (even with a private plane) I suspect if they did go skiing in Colorado for the weekend, they did so only because they were invited by some important persons in the US and went for networking / diplomatic purposes.

Having communted between NYC and Colorado for a few years, I can attest to it being a long flight. Weather was nicer this weekend on the East coast than it was here in Colorado. I'm excited for pictures from the White House dinner.

March 3, 2008 - Washington

More pictures from the meeting with Muslim and Jewish leaders

Photo 1

Photo 2

Last edited:
Bush, Jordan's King Abdullah II to confer at White House on Mideast peace talks

Bush and Abdullah were to meet Tuesday at the White House before making comments to reporters. The two planned to join first lady Laura Bush and Queen Rania of Jordan for lunch in the family dining room of the White House residence....
- Article

Finally some photos thanks for posting,QRania looks nice i like her jacket.

President Bush Meets with His Majesty King Abdullah of Jordan - WhiteHouse Article + Interview

King Abdullah of Jordan (L) listens to U.S. President George W. Bush during their meeting in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington March 4, 2008.

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3
REUTERS via Yahoo
ANP picture

Queen Rania meets influential women in US(petra)
Picture 1 -- picture 2

King affirms achieving peace needs engagement of parties in negotiations on clearly outlined bases and timeframes

... Following the meeting, President Bush and US First Lady Laura Bush hosted Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania for lunch. In statements to reporters after the meeting, His Majesty said he was pleased with the commitment shown by President George W. Bush to achieve a better future for the Palestinian and Israeli parties, adding that he looked forward to the United States to achieve peace, which would put the Middle East in the right direction. ... - Petra Article
King & Queen, Laura & George Bush
King Abduallah & George Bush

Last edited:
Gray makes her look washed out. It is not good for her color

March 4, 2008 - Washington

I just love the outfit from yesterday, I actually find it quite sexy, esp. the jacket. The White House outfit was a repeat.

More from today:

King meets US Secretary of Defense
Brief article
Photo

Jordan's Queen Rania, speaks to the United Nations Foundation about the advancements of women and the challenges they still face, Tuesday, March 4, 2008, in Washington. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

Queen Rania meets influential women in US(petra)
Picture 1 -- picture 2

article about the JRF meeting yesterday:

Queen Rania meets influential women in US

Washington, March 4 (Petra) -- As Founder and Chairperson of the Jordan River Foundation (JRF), Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah did not miss the opportunity to highlight the foundation’s achievements to a gathering of influential women in Washington, DC, on Monday, where she discussed many of the foundations specific initiatives and encouraged their involvement.

At a luncheon hosted by JRF USA board members Beth Dozoretz and Pat Mitchell, Queen Rania spoke about her personal investments in the foundation. “I launched and have supported JRF for over 13 years now… because it’s all about giving a helping hand to the ordinary people of Jordan who want to work and provide for their families, who want to contribute to the development of their communities, and who want a chance to prove and improve themselves,” she said. Petra
</STRONG>

Black is better color for her

anyone know if the couple have official engagements today?

anyone know if the couple have official engagements today?

The only visit/meeting weve known of ahead of time was the UN & meeting with George Bush. Maybe a few the rmeetings/visits will take place but we wont know ahead of time.
Btw, When does their visit end?

They have a lunch tomorrow for Friends of Jordan so they are there at least till tomorrow.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nev., right, Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., left, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Ky., second from left, greet King Abdullah II of Jordan, and Queen Rania, Wednesday, March 5, 2008, on Capitol Hill in Washington.
(AP Photo/Lawrence Jackson via yahoo news)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4

Nice earrings but I don´t like the jacket. Thanks Dazzling

Thanks for the articles and photos.

I had thought this visit was going to be quite dull after the incredibly slow start but things have certainly picked up this week.

Rania's looked great so far. I think it's great that she promotes organisations like the JRF when she is abroad.

King talks region, ties with Cheney, Congress leaders

The King cautioned against the repercussions that the failure of the peace process might have on the region, stressing there should be an end to all acts of aggression taking place in Gaza and the importance of going back to the negotiating table to achieve a just and comprehensive peace.
- Article

I'm so over the belt over jacket, belt over shirt, belt over...so over done by Rania. She's been wearing this look for sooo many years now. Try something different please. I also would love it if she cut her hair. Gray is not her color, but she sure looks better in black AND white! I LOVER her in white. I wonder what colors she'll parade this Spring and Summer.

Jordan's King Abdullah II and Queen Rania , meet with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of Calif., right, and House Minority Leader John Boehner of Ohio, Thursday, March 6, 2008, on Capitol Hill in Washington
Nancy Pelosi - Yahoo! News Photos

I'm so over the belt over jacket, belt over shirt, belt over...so over done by Rania. She's been wearing this look for sooo many years now. Try something different please. I also would love it if she cut her hair. Gray is not her color, but she sure looks better in black AND white! I LOVER her in white. I wonder what colors she'll parade this Spring and Summer.

I too dislike the belt with everything look and her hair would be so elegant if it were shorter, maybe just past shoulders like she had before which was nice. She is not 16 year old girl anymore and the very long hair drags her features down. She looked so much fresher when she wears it up like in Morocco visit;)

Back
Top Bottom