Official visit to the US: April 21-24, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamari

Nobility
City
Country
Canada
The Qatar News Agency reported on Sunday that King Abdullah had accepted an invitation from Barack Obama to make a state visit to the United States sometime in the future.

I can't find the link on the news agency's website anymore — it appears to only keep the most recent headlines. I also can't find info anywhere else on this, but it might be worthwhile keeping an eye out for this potential development.

Queen Rania said that she and King will be to USA this month or May but she don´t say date.

I can´t wait to see Rania and Michelle together.

Me too, salma!

Will King Abdullah be the first Middle Eastern monarch to visit Obama? I know he had talks with the Saudi king in London during the G20 but I couldn't remember if Obama had received any Arab heads of state yet.

I know that they met during the campaign. The king drove then Sen. Obama from the airport. From my own perspective, it is simply amazing to me as a woman in her mid-forties that MY generation is now "grown up" enough to be the leaders in this world.

Me too, salma!

Will King Abdullah be the first Middle Eastern monarch to visit Obama? I know he had talks with the Saudi king in London during the G20 but I couldn't remember if Obama had received any Arab heads of state yet.

Yes, he will become the first Middle Eastern leader to meet with U.S. President Obama in Washington.

Jordan's king to meet Obama in U.S. - UPI.com

what about Hosni Mubarak?
I beleive that he was the first arab leaders invited by the american administration to visit US,anyone know if this visit happen? I didn't follow will what happen next:)
this new visit to USA is an official,state one or what??
thanks.

:previous:you're right Shrifia Hosni Mubarak got invitation to visit US,her so even visit USA to prepare his father visit,if i understand well what i read both side want a good preparation for this visit,so he didn't visit yet what make King Abdullah the first one to meet Obama:)

Has it been mentioned anywhere how long the visit is ?

King Abdullah must be quite tired from all the travelling he has been doing in the past 2 weeks. The meeting with Obama is on April 21 and the royals are in Washington, do we have dates of when King will give the speech and if Rania is going to have her own activities and if they will be visiting any other state besides Washington?

Rania didn't arrive with the king. I saw her in London yesterday evening. She must be following on.

Lucky you. Would love to see her in real live. Was she alone or with her kids?

At the Global Philanthropy Forum's 8th Annual Conference, taking place next week in Washington, DC, His Highness the Aga Khan, Secretary Hillary Clinton, Her Majesty Queen Rhania of Jordan, Nobel Laureate Muhammad Yunus and White House Climate Czar Corol Browner will be among those leaders joining 500 philanthropists for careful reflection on some of our most pressing international and dome
stic issues -- including poverty at home and abroad.
The Chronicle of Philanthropy: Live Discussions
Has Rania met Hillary Clinton before? I know she's worked with Mohammed Yunus several times but I couldn't recall if she and Hillary had ever met.

Jordanian king to make two-state case with Obama

...Abdullah is in Washington for his first meeting with Obama as president, to take place April 21. Jordanian sources say the king sees the Obama administration's emphasis on a two-state solution and on containing Israeli settlement expansion as very good signals... - Article

I wonder if president Obama will bow to King Abdullah the same way he'd bow to the King of Saudi Arabia? I don't ge it, he did now bow to the Queen of England but to the saudi King.

I really like Queen Rania, King Abdullah is not or very photogenic but I saw an interview on CNN and he is very charming, and he speaks with his British accent.

she was alone
Thanks for information.

“Learning to read and write changes lives; it means jobs, money, health and dreams fulfilled,” commented Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan, who is the Honorary Chair of Global Action Week, 2009. Media For Freedom

Jordan: King starts US visit

......The King is accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses Prince Feisal Bin Al Hussein, Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, Prime Minister Nader Dahabi, Royal Court Chief Nasser Lozi, Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh, and Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Suhair Al Ali.
Jordan: King starts US visit

Any news & pictures from Ranias event on the 16th?
expected to attened the Global Philanthropy Forum’s 8th Annual Conference

Any news & pictures from Ranias event on the 16th?

The conference starts only tomorrow. Queen Rania will be present at a press conference today connected with the event (see asturiana's post).

King meets US religious leaders
(yesterday)
Jordan Times

Back
Top Bottom