Official visit to Syria: September 15, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
King Abdullah & Queen Rania 1-day official visit to Syria - September 15, 2009 .
King Abdullah is scheduled to meet with Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
Article (Arabic)

that is great news , wish Asma also to visit Jordan

This is the third? time that Rania and Asma are together.

sound intersting,i think the two women met more than 3 tim.
it's shame it's only 1 day visit.

I dont know how many times they have met but they have done at a few conferences, they last met in November 2008 in Abu Dhabi.
I think this is the first visit for Rania to Syria, is that correct?

The article actually didnt mention how many days, but I assumed it was one day since they didnt mention and its Ramadan so I highly doubt it would be more but a 2 day visit would be great.

Here is an article in English

This will be the 5th time. Queen Rania was in Damascus in 2003.

The article actually didnt mention how many days, but I assumed it was one day since they didnt mention and its Ramadan so I highly doubt it would be more but a 2 day visit would be great.

Here is an article in English
actually it's only 1 day visit, President Alassad is attended in Turkey tomorrow Article
PS:Syrian news agency didn't announce the Jordanian royals visit yet:ermm:

King, Queen depart for Syria
15 (Petra)--Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah left Amman on Tuesday for Syrian on a brief visit upon an invitation by Syrian President Bashar Assad and First Lady Asma Assad.

In this photo released by the Jordan Royal Palace, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, right, and his wife Asma'a al-Assad, left, receives King Abdullah II of Jordan, second right, and his wife Queen Rania, second left, in Damascus, Syria, Tuesday, Sep. 15, 2009 (yahoo):

Second Pic :flowers: (its so small, hope to see better pictures)

Guys please remember to re-host pictures from Yahoo because the links expire very quickly.

Thanks!

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Thanks guys for the photos, hope it will be a successful visit

Im sorry, I dont rehost the picture, because it is so small.

King and Queen return home
News (from Petra)

that was a quick,i see they took the kids with them,hope Hachem and Salma had a great time with Alassad kids.

Nice to see the kids on this trip I suppose they will spend some time with Al-Assad's children who are around teh same age.
Two ladies look lovely though I quite liked Asma's style more.
Wish this was a longer visit, Rania couldve done alot in Syria like visit old sites, schools etc.

that was too short visit seems more private family visit , I think both ladies looked tired

Thanks for the photos.

Rania looked great, I love the purple top. I was quite surprised by Asma as not only did her hair look dishevelled but her overall appearance was very underwhelming. She looked like she was going shopping with the girls, not receiving a visiting head of state.

Thanks for the photos.

Rania looked great, I love the purple top. I was quite surprised by Asma as not only did her hair look dishevelled but her overall appearance was very underwhelming. She looked like she was going shopping with the girls, not receiving a visiting head of state.

This was a very low profile visit and dont forget Asma isnt a queen or princess she is just a first lady therefore all the glam isnt important as it is to higher people.

I would disagree highly since her guest many of the times dresses the same way. I dont think anyone would go shopping in such a fancy top from silk also the two ladies top styles were very similar with all the drappings but this is not a fashion thread for me to discuss more.

I hope we get a few pictures of the children with the Assad's family.
I also hope that the syrian agency uploads pictures.

Last edited:
This was a very low profile visit and dont forget Asma isnt a queen or princess she is just a first lady therefore all the glam isnt important as it is to higher people.
Asma is a very stylish, well-groomed woman and her usual style usually consists of high-end pieces. Glamour is clearly important ot her usually and pretending it isn't seems quite silly imo.
dazzling said:
I would disagree highly since her guest many of the times dresses the same way. I dont think anyone would go shopping in such a fancy top from silk
I've got a very similar top that I do wear for lunches and shopping all the time so IMO this is a top that would be more suited to a casual event.

I agree Dazzling, especially as Rania often looks quite dowdy or even poorly put together outfit wise even for state visits. Asma's style is usually at the quieter end of the upmarket spectrum, her taste is more classic than Rania's.

When I think of how much beige, brown and grey Rania wears, it seems silly to say that Asma is the only one who looks underwhelming as Rania has looked that way on many occasions and Rania's hair isn't always perfect either - her greys were showing recently, there have been times when her hair was too long and very dry.

In addition, Asma doesn't usually do as many magazine fashion spreads as Rania so no, I don't think 'glamour' per se is as important to her.

They are such very different women in many ways that it is like comparing apples and oranges

Asma is a very stylish, well-groomed woman and her usual style usually consists of high-end pieces. Glamour is clearly important ot her usually and pretending it isn't seems quite silly imo.
I've got a very similar top that I do wear for lunches and shopping all the time so IMO this is a top that would be more suited to a casual event.

Well everyone has different views on how things should be done and worn and I totally respect your point of view but calling my point silly I think is abit unfair since we are all entitled to our opinions.

I wasn't calling your opinion silly but the pretence that Asma is somehow less interested in fashion. Particularly when she is well-known for wearing couture etc at daytime events.

When I think of how much beige, brown and grey Rania wears, it seems silly to say that Asma is the only one who looks underwhelming as Rania has looked that way on many occasions and Rania's hair isn't always perfect either - her greys were showing recently, there have been times when her hair was too long and very dry.
I wasn't aware that the point of this thread was to discuss all of Rania's outfits worn during state visits etc.

I thought it was to discuss this short visit to Syria. Perhaps it needs to be renamed to avoid confusion?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also hope that the syrian agency uploads pictures.
It doesnt seem that the agency will upload pictures, because it has already upload pictures from today. What a pitty, syrian agency normally has big and good pictures.

I wasn't aware that the point of this thread was to discuss all of Rania's outfits worn during state visits etc.

I thought it was to discuss this short visit to Syria. Perhaps it needs to be renamed to avoid confusion?

not at all and as i wasn't the first or the only person to pass comment on the ladies clothing, i don't think my remarks are any less valid than your own which don't include any in depth discussion on the visit to syria but concentrated on rania's jacket and asma's hair and blouse - comments related to fashion and the ladies personal style.

it seems this visit was most likely a diplomatic exercise to show brotherhood and goodwill during ramadan so smart casual clothing is fine for both ladies - to be honest i have seen both look better. i don't thnk full on glamour from either lady would be considered appropriate for ramadan as it is the holy month.

perhaps take own advice? :D

not at all and as i wasn't the first or the only person to pass comment on the ladies clothing, i don't think my remarks are any less valid than your own which don't include any in depth discussion on the visit to syria but concentrated on rania's jacket and asma's hair and blouse - comments related to fashion and the ladies personal style.
You seem to have misunderstood my point as that wasn't what I was saying.

Back
Top Bottom