The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Official visit to Malaysia: May 15-16, 2008

"We want them to go to developed countries and to universities that are of our level or higher because if we want to learn, we have to learn from those better than us," she said after a media briefing on the official visit of Jordan's Queen Rania Al Abdullah next Friday.
The New Straits Times Online......

Old 05-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

sound intersting thanks for the information Little_star.
what the goal of her visit?she is attenting somthing there?
thanks.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure, this is the only story I've come across mentioning it. It occurred to me afterwards that this may be a part of their upcoming trip to Brunei.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

They seem to like the country even in private; I was on holidays in Malaysia early this year and was told by staff that Queen Rania and King Abdullah had been their guests only shortly before (in a shielded area obviously), and not for the first time.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I'm not sure, this is the only story I've come across mentioning it. It occurred to me afterwards that this may be a part of their upcoming trip to Brunei.
King and Queen will visit Brunei next tuesday until thursday, then Queen will go to Malaysia.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

14th May 2008

King of Jordan on 2 day visit to Malaysia beginning tomorrow
http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=332961
Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 PM

OMG I m so excited!! The King & the Queen (who shares the name with my mom) are coming! The King & Queen that i only see, read & admire in this forum..wooohooo!! The news was published in our newpaper yesterday. Since I rarely read newspapers (~hehe~), I only found out this morning whilst getting ready for work when it was mentioned in the morning show. Imagine my excitement to hear that! Too bad that I m not in Kuala Lumpur (where the visit will usually be) at the moment.

It was stated in the newspaper that they will also be joined by the members of the royal chambers..I wonder if Prince Hamzah (my favourite!) will be there (or here) as well?...(fingers crossed!)

I cant wait for the pictures! Will have to get hold of today & tomorrows newpapers..=) And I bet there will be some magazines featuring them too while they are here...

I ll try to post pics regarding the visit (if any) soon..till then..^0^
Old 05-15-2008, 03:48 AM
Royal Highness

King Abdullah II Al-Hussein and Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan arrived at the KL International Airport (KLIA), here today, to begin their two-day working visit: King Abdullah Arrives For Two-day Working Visit :: Bernama.com
Old 05-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippygurl View Post
OMG I m so excited!! The King & the Queen (who shares the name with my mom) are coming! The King & Queen that i only see, read & admire in this forum..wooohooo!! The news was published in our newpaper yesterday. Since I rarely read newspapers (~hehe~), I only found out this morning whilst getting ready for work when it was mentioned in the morning show. Imagine my excitement to hear that! Too bad that I m not in Kuala Lumpur (where the visit will usually be) at the moment.

It was stated in the newspaper that they will also be joined by the members of the royal chambers..I wonder if Prince Hamzah (my favourite!) will be there (or here) as well?...(fingers crossed!)

I cant wait for the pictures! Will have to get hold of today & tomorrows newpapers..=) And I bet there will be some magazines featuring them too while they are here...

I ll try to post pics regarding the visit (if any) soon..till then..^0^
I think they will be accompanied by Princess Basma, Princess Aisha and Princess Zein. It seems unlikely that Prince Hamzah will be there.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Nobility

The Malaysian news agency, Bernama, already has photos from the gala dinner tonight as well as other events during the day. Rania has stuck with purple, wearing a purple top with a splatter-paint style full skirt that looks like it might be from Elie Saab.

:: Bernama Fotoweb :: Latest Photos
Old 05-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos, Adamari. The skirt is gorgeous and I like that she's opted for a bold coloured blouse to offset the white.

Another gala photo:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-37783.jpg

King Abdullah and the Malaysian PM:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty%202/News-37766.jpg

Queen Rania with the Malaysian PM's wife
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty%202/News-37786.jpg

Kuala Lumpur, May 15 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks on Thursday with King of Malaysia Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin at the Istana Negara Palace in Kuala Lumpur on the bilateral ties and means of enhancing them in the various domains.

Talks also touched on the latest developments in the Middle East as well as issues and challenges facing the Islamic world and how to deal with them
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King Abdullah holds talks with King of Malaysia
Old 05-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i like QRania dress i am glad she wore more and more colours she looks stunning.

Queen examines ways to integrate social responsibility in the principles of work to promote development with the executive heads of Malaysian
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Old 05-16-2008, 05:26 AM
Courtier

At last.........she wore some colour! It looks so much better than the neutral things she usually wears. She should wear colour more often instead of the drab greys and browns.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Jordan's Queen Rania Receives Honorary Degree In International Relations

KUALA LUMPUR, May 16 (Bernama) -- Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan today received a honorary doctorate degree in international relations from Universiti Malaya (UM), Malaysia's oldest and premier university.

She received the degree from UM chancellor Sultan Azlan Shah in a special convocation at the university's Dewan Tunku Canselor.

Queen Rania is the second recipient of the degree after Malaysia's former permanent representative to the United Nations Tan Sri Razali Ismail who received it 2006. Malaysian National News Agency :: BERNAMA

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Old 05-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Malaysia Can Help West Understand Muslim World, Says Queen Rania

KUALA LUMPUR, May 16 (Bernama) -- Malaysia can be a leading force in helping the West understand the Muslim world, Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan said Friday.

Queen Rania, who accompanied her husband King Abdullah II Al-Hussein on a two-day visit to Malaysia, said this was because Malaysia had set many examples which were a powerful contradiction to a lot of negative stereotypes from the West - Article
Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Petra photos
Old 05-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Jordan News Agency - Petra - King, Queen return home
Old 05-17-2008, 10:52 AM

Hi Little Star..thanks for the info..seems that there are so many other members who r much more attentive & faster than me regarding the visit of the King & Queen here..hehe..as for the pics, i saw 2 pics in our newspaper about the honorary degree, but I think they r posted already, so.....anyway, the pics posted by all of u r great!! dunno how u guys did it, wondering about the sources that u have, but u guys rock! I enjoy every bit of it!

Syukran jazila, Malaysian =)
Old 05-18-2008, 03:04 AM
Courtier

Encounters of the royal kind

by TUNKU ABDUL AZIZ

THERE was much excitement last Thursday, even among Malaysia’s usually blasé and jaded top-drawer corporate elites. The 16 specially invited guests were not disappointed in the least with their encounter of the royal kind.
An exclusive Silver Book Roundtable (named after Khazanah’s famous roadmap to ethical governance and corporate responsibility) was organised jointly by Khazanah National Berhad and the Caux Round Table Malaysia for Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, here on a two-day working visit with her husband, His Majesty King Abdullah II.

The New Straits Times Online........
Old 05-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

PPE

PPE Agency