Official visit to Hungary: June 13-14, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Little_star

Heir Apparent
City
Manchester
Country
United Kingdom
Jordan's King Abdullah II and Queen Rania will travel to Budapest on Wednesday at the outset of a two-day state visit to Hungary, the royal
court announced Tuesday.
LINK
I guess that explains why we haven't seen much of Rania in the past few days. I wonder who will be accompanying them.

The King and Queen arrive in Hungary
PHOTO

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the King and Queen doing in Hungary? Just curious!

Acid Burn said:
What are the King and Queen doing in Hungary? Just curious!
As per #15

King Abdullah is expected to have talks with Hungarian leaders "on latest political developments in the Middle East, including ongoing efforts to revive the Arab-Israeli peace process, as well as the situation in Iraq", a court statement said.

The discussions were also to tackle means of boosting bilateral economic ties, it added.

During the visit, the two countries planned to sign an agreement for "encouragement and protection" of bilateral investments
LINK

"During his first visit for the Hungarian capital Budapest, King Abdullah is expected to hold talks with Hungarian President Laszlo Solyom and Hungarian Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany on scopes of enhancing ties in various domains.

Talks are also expected to focus on the latest political developments in the Middle East, particularly in Palestine and Iraq.................

His Majesty King Abdullah II will also attend signing of an agreement to encourage and protect mutual investments between Jordan and Hungary. The agreement will be signed by Minister of Industry and Trade Salem Khaza’eleh and Hungarian Finance Minister Janos Veres.

Trade volume between Jordan and Hungary continued to increase for several years as the tourism sector witnessed special mutual concern. The two countries are linked by a number of cooperation agreements and memoranda of understanding covering economic, agricultural, cultural and scientific fields."
LINK

Oh, heh, oops, thanks for pointing out the post on Hungary...I guess my eyes just missed that by mistake...I guess that what happens when you are tired! Thank you!

Queen Rania (C), wife of King Abdullah II of Jordan, receives flowers from children, during the welcoming ceremony in the Castle of Buda, in Budapest 14 June, 2007. The royal couple is on an official visit in Hungary.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Yahoo! News Photo
ANP Beeldbank

King Abdullah (L) and Queen Raniawith (2nd L) pose for the photographers with Hungarian President Laszlo Solyom (R) and wife Erzsebet in Budapest June 14, 2007

Yahoo! News Photo

Hungarian President Laszlo Solyom(R) receives Jordan King Abdullah II at the Mirror Hall of the Presidental Palace of Budapest on top of the Buda Castle hill 14 June 2007 prioir to their official talks.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Queen Rania, wife of King Abdullah II of Jordan and Erzsebet Solyom, wife of Hungarian President Laszlo Solyom, are seen during their meeting in the presidential Alexander Palace in Budapest, Hungary, 14 June 2007.

ANP Beeldbank

Jordan King Abdullah II is welcomed by Hungarian Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany in front of the parliament building 14 June 2007 prior to their talks.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Jordan's King Abdullah II listens the history of first Hungarian King Istvan's (also known as King Stepehen I) crown, presented by Hungarian Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany in the parliament building.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
this couple always amaze me, they are working all the time, i have such admiration for their dedication and drive. i also like the outfit, LOVE the skirt, top not so much, and BLACK shoes hmmmmm (maybe they are the most comfortable she packed)

bbb said:
this couple always amaze me, they are working all the time, i have such admiration for their dedication and drive. i also like the outfit, LOVE the skirt, top not so much, and BLACK shoes hmmmmm (maybe they are the most comfortable she packed)
I don't think they are black, in some photos they seem to be tan colour, like the jacket
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo

Bizarre, she's wearing the same outfit for the special needs school as she wore in Budapest a couple of days earlier! It's seems strange to be repeating so soon, with her wardrobe options.

Bizarre, she's wearing the same outfit for the special needs school as she wore in Budapest a couple of days earlier! It's seems strange to be repeating so soon, with her wardrobe options.

I'm pretty sure she visited the school while she was in Budapest.

Yes the special needs school visit was the same day King Abdullah and Queen Rania were in Budapest.

you're welcome:flowers:
to be honest i don't know where or when was taken a friend send it to me by E-mail.

Very nice pic for the king & Queen...thanks monic :)

Very nice pic for the king & Queen...thanks monic :)
You're welcome Rossina:flowers:
I wish I could see more big-resolution pictures from that time. Especially the Queen's visit to a special needs school. Rania looked just lovely then. Do you happen to know how one can open them from the link that Little Star posted? I doesn't work at all on my computer... :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom