King Abdullah on Star Trek: Voyager (1995)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
H

Humble

KA appeared in Star Trek in 1995, episode 35 titled "Investigations"...I posted a picture of him in that episode in one of these forums...And some had doubts in that...

You can see him playing for few seconds by clicking KA playing in Star Trek in 1995 :wacko: :blink:

You need to have windows media player to view the link

In 1995: KA was married to Rania for 2 years

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 13th, 2004 - 11:21 pm
KA appeared in Star Trek in 1995, episode 35 titled "Investigations"...I posted a picture of him in that episode in one of these forums...And some had doubts in that...

You can see him playing for few seconds by clicking KA playing in Star Trek in 1995 :wacko: :blink:

Unbelievable humble, it sure looks like KA, and if indeed it was KA why oh why did he do that? It may just be a look-alike but then it may be true because at that time he was not named a crown prince yet. Btw, did that cause a stir in Jordan at that time?

Unbelievable humble, it sure looks like KA, and if indeed it was KA why oh why did he do that? It may just be a look-alike but then it may be true because at that time he was not named a crown prince yet. Btw, did that cause a stir in Jordan at that time?
Quite frankly, i do not know if it caused a stir in Jordan at that time...

Personally, I have no doubt it is KA in that Star Trek Shot..

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Humble@Jul 13th, 2004 - 11:21 pm

I love Star Trek:Voyager and have watched the entire series several times. I remember watching an episode more than a year ago and I spotted Abdullah! I was so surprised. After the episode was over, I went through the cast list but never saw his name. I was still sure it was him though. The whole thing was unbelievable.
Thanx for pointing it out.

King Abdullah (then prince) in an old episode of StarTrek: Voyager
I saw this episode around a year ago and remember being so surprised when I saw him on screen.

Attachments

• abdullah on star trek.jpg
    abdullah on star trek.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
King Abdullah (then prince) in an old episode of StarTrek: Voyager
I saw this episode around a year ago and remember being so surprised when I saw him on screen.
Heard about that...but he was just an extra, right?

almahboubah said:
Heard about that...but he was just an extra, right?
yes, his appearance was not even 15 seconds long and he didn't say anything

I always wanted to see a pi of King Abdullah in Star Trek. thank oyu Reina for posting that pic.

Lilygal said:
I always wanted to see a pi of King Abdullah in Star Trek. thank oyu Reina for posting that pic.

huh I've always seen this pic,but I never thought it was KA,It isn't,OG is it?!
Is it real or fake??

Yes! Lol, I kept coming across the same pic of him on Star Trek by accident, and I just assumed that it was a digitally edited picture to make the King look like he was a Trekkie, I only found out last week that it was real! Apparently it was still before he was the CP though. Good enough!

Lol! He is so cute in that little outfit. How many other kings can say they were on Star Trek? :)

Alicky said:
Lol! He is so cute in that little outfit. How many other kings can say they were on Star Trek? :)

Errrr none that I know of and I know of many.:)

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
huh I've always seen this pic,but I never thought it was KA,It isn't,OG is it?!
Is it real or fake??

it is him T-R-O-U-B-L-E:)
trust me ;)
I watch Star Trek Voyager all the time. The first time I saw that particular episode was more than a year ago. I just remember Abdullah appearing on the screen for about 2 or 3 seconds. At first I was so surprised. But since then I've seen that episode again a few times and it is him.
He was still a prince then, Im pretty sure.

So di dhe talk? It seems on that foto that he was talking.

not really. He was barely in the scene for 2 seconds. As far as I remember, he simply nodded and smiled at one of the main characters.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
it is him T-R-O-U-B-L-E:)
trust me ;)
I watch Star Trek Voyager all the time. The first time I saw that particular episode was more than a year ago. I just remember Abdullah appearing on the screen for about 2 or 3 seconds. At first I was so surprised. But since then I've seen that episode again a few times and it is him.
He was still a prince then, Im pretty sure.

lmao and I've always thought it was some kind of Joke :eek: :D
OMG Why would he appear on star trek??! now that's weird,I have never ever had a doubt it was a fake pic!

lol Thanks Humera :) ;)

I hear he was a fan or something.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
lmao and I've always thought it was some kind of Joke :eek: :D
OMG Why would he appear on star trek??! now that's weird,I have never ever had a doubt it was a fake pic!

lol Thanks Humera :) ;)

you're welcome:);)
you know, it doesnt surprise me. Abdullah has several friends and acquaintances in Hollywood. I remember him mentioning Steven Speilberg in one interview..

Some more info. on KA's appearance on Voyager:

"The series holds the distinction of being the only American show to feature a future Middle Eastern King. Then-Crown Prince Abdullah of Jordan appeared in one episode in a non-speaking role. Because he's not a member of the Screen Actors Guild, he was not allowed any lines. Abdullah became King of Jordan in 1999."
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/481/481433p1.html

another site:
http://www.answers.com/topic/star-trek-voyager
"King Abdullah II of Jordan, a well-known Star Trek fan, appeared as an extra in the episode "Investigations". Abdullah's role was not given any speaking lines because he is not a member of the Screen Actors' Guild."

PS. The episode Abdullah appeared in is called "Investigations" which originally aired in 1996.

I found an old, short article from the BBC

The King of Star Trek

Jordan's new ruler King Abdullah has been revealed as an avid fan of the science fiction show Star Trek.

The king, who succeeded his father King Hussein after his death on Monday, even had his aides arrange for him to make a cameo appearance in Star Trek: Voyager in 1995.

The then-Prince Abdullah bin Hussein got on so well with the show's stars Ethan Phillips and Robert Picado he invited them to visit him in Jordan.

When they arrived, they were delighted to find their host had not only arranged tours of the country's historical monuments, he had also laid on a mini-convention of the programme's fans.

Phillips recalled: "He's just about the friendliest, easy-going guy. Very engaging, very warm."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/277584.stm

I found this slideshow of the Jordanian Royal Family on youtube, but I have one question about a photo of KA, I'm new to the boards so I don't know if this has been mentioned before but if you FF to 2:40 in the slideshow it shows a picture of KA in which he appears to be dressed up as a Trekkie...what is this all about? :blink:

YouTube - The Royal Jordanian Family

He is dressed as a Trekkie because I believe he was an actor a long time ago (before he was king)! Cool, huh?!:flowers:

i don't know about his being an actor but i have read that he played a trekkie in a movie when offered the part because of his interest in star trek. it is really cool

I think I read that he was a huge Trekkie, and he actually got the chance to be an extra or have a cameo in an episode.

In 2001 he said some words about this experience in a special edition of Talking Point, the BBC's interactive phone-in programme:

King Abdullah:
I was in the Far East on my way to the United States on a military delegation and I had a stopover in Los Angeles and a friend of mine said would you like to come to Paramount Studios and see the set of Voyager. I have always liked the show and I thought that would be a great way to spend a weekend. I was then told well if you want go through makeup and get into uniform and have some pictures taken with some of the crew and I said why not. Then the next thing, when I actually showed up, they said that if you want you can stand in. So it wasn't planned it just turned out that way. I had a great time. It's a job - I am in full admiration of actors because it is very difficult. They are in very early in the morning. For most of the aliens it's is three or four hours of make-up and it's hard work and one that I'm full of admiration that they can do.

Bridget Kendall:

We found a picture of you actually which you can see here of yourself in that cameo role and you are wearing the Star Fleet uniform. Clearly on the side of the goodies not the baddies in whichever episode it was. I wonder what rank they gave you?

King Abdullah:

Actually they promoted me. In those days I was a colonel so they made me a commodore or something so I was pretty happy with that.

Bridget Kendall:

And they didn't give you any very dangerous part in the plot? You weren't assimilated by the Borg?

King Abdullah:

Because of the acting laws, unless you are part of the union you can't say anything. So I just had to nod my head and so it was just a brief introduction. A very interesting way of life.

BBC NEWS | Talking Point | Forum | King Abdullah:Talking Point special

Back
Top Bottom