The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Nobility

Queen Rania usually looks so elegant but this look doesnt suit her the headband is not going with her oufit at all.

If she wore a hat she wouldve looked much better

Old 08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
Queen Rania usually looks so elegant but this look doesnt suit her the headband is not going with her oufit at all.

If she wore a hat she wouldve looked much better
I agree with you on that Nad25. The headband puzzled me as well. A hat would have been much more conducive to her attire.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Courtier

I agree with most that this recent outfit of Rania's falls under the "What was she thinking?" category but what irked me even more than the headband was the string of hair that kept on falling against her face. Maybe the headband would have worked if she had pulled all of her hair back.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Serene Highness

If crown princess Mary would wear something like this, most of her fans will write here about her excellent style... I've seen on queen Rania more outfits like this. And they suit to her. And I think everything what suits to you is with you beautiful. And she is beautiful, too with headband.

I don't know. Maybe Rania's headband is like hat...
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=...0813174036.jpg on this pic you can see other woman than Rania and I don't think her outfit is much more odd than Rania's. But maybe I just like Rania more than it can be normal and I can't see her mistakes. Then sorry.
Rania is perfectionist. She wouldn't wear something what isn't perfect.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Serene Highness

Ok, I found more pics of Rania from Profimedia, isifa.com:

and more from Isifa.com:

Old 08-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
Ok, I found more pics of Rania from Profimedia:

This is a beautiful profile of Queen Rania. She reminds me a little of Queen Nefertiti when I had the fortune to view the famous bust of her at the Charlottenburg Museum in Berlin about 15 years ago. She is a very attractive woman in profile.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Gentry

I agree with the poster who said how lovely she looked in profile, she looks lovely from any angle quite frankly - she looks so beautiful and young (girlish really).

As for the rest of Rania's outfit - I must admit I'm not too sure about the head band - it's a risky thing to wear unless you're a young girl I always feel. And the earrings are a little too much I think for day wear - some simple pearl/gold stud would have been better. Plus she has a necklace on as well so as someone said there is a lot going on there around her face. And with a face like hers the less you have to detract from it the better. She looks best when she keeps it very simple. Some days we experiment with things - Princess Diana did - and there are times when they work and other times they don't. We've all done it - tried a new thing and worn it to some big event convinced it looks great at home in front of the mirror and later thought "oops that was not quite right". In Rania's case today it wont be the lack of a hat that does it - it will probably be the headband.

The rest of her outift is fine, I like her coat and I think she has a dress? underneath - it's summer after all - yes it's perhaps a tad more casual than you would normally see but I think we must remember that Rania is only 35 and the youngest Queen in the world - she doesn't want to start dressing like a 50 year old just yet.

Is there some standard world rule book that says how a Queen must dress to every event? Yes there are age old customs to supposedly follow at many events these sort of people attend but why do the same thing as everyone else just because of "custom". Just because you dare to be a little different does not mean you are being rude or disrespectful, sometimes its good to have change. Now if Rania had turned up something akin to a French maid's outfit yes I would say she was being very rude and disrespectful! I'd hate to see her getting like Catherine Zeta Jones for example who is about the same age and seems to me to often dress in clothing about 10 years too old for her because she feels part of the Hollywood "establishment" I suppose and thinks that is the way she should dress to fit in.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

Rania of Jordan dazzles in the United Kingdom

photos by Hola magazine

Old 08-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Courtier

I hope she wears the dress again because on the fourth pic Mtcbm posted, you can see the detail and it looks nice - only, she should ditch the coat next time she wears it.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Gentry

Yes Madonna, you are right that dress has gorgeous detailing on what you can see - pity the coat covered it up - nice coat as well.

She looks very beautiful and "delicate" if that's the right word to us.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:30 AM
Nobility

Does anybody know where the Queen's mac that she wore to the Sandhurst graduation comes from?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

http://us.photolibrary.com/stock-pho...larId=24906623