King Abdullah and Queen Rania Picture thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
January 16, 2005
New pics of Queen Rania and King Abdullah

Attachments

• 618I copy.jpg
    618I copy.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 680
  • 619I copy.jpg
    619I copy.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 665
  • 620I copy.jpg
    620I copy.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 736
~*~Humera~*~ said:
January 16, 2005
New pics of Queen Rania and King Abdullah
News along with the pics:

King, Queen join citizens in observing the Arbor Day

Amman/ Jan. 16/ (Petra)-- Their Majesties King Abdullah
and Queen Rania on Sunday joined about 1500 of school children
from Madaba governorate in observing the Arbor Day.
About 3000 forest trees were planted in a scenic area
overlooking the Dead Sea marking the launching of national campaign
for greening and tree planting covering various parts of the
kingdom.
King Abdullah, who was accompanied by a number of cabinet
ministers, and senior government officials, unveiled the monument at
the site on a plot of land of 170 dunums which has been chosen for
its unique geographic and tourist location that magnificently
overlooks the Dead Sea area.
The national greening campaign is being carried out by the
Agriculture Ministry in cooperation with public and private
organizations with the aim of increasing green areas in the
country.
Forest areas form 0.09 per cent of the total area of
Jordan which is very low compared to world percentage, 15-25,
Agriculture Minister Sharari Shakhanbeh said. There are about
258,000 dunums of natural forest areas and artificial afforestation
covers 470,000, the minister said.

When I watching the t.v. today, I noticed that [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1] King Abdullah was doing an interview with Charlie Rose. I realized that I had missed most to all of the interview. I looked up the interview on Yahoo's t.v. guide and discovered that the interview will not be shown on t.v. anymore.

Can somebody tell me what happened during the interview. Also, do you know if the interview maybe shown on t.v. in the future? Thanks! :)
[/size][/font][size=+1][/size]

Juls said:
When I watching the t.v. today, I noticed that [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]King Abdullah was doing an interview with Charlie Rose. I realized that I had missed most to all of the interview. I looked up the interview on Yahoo's t.v. guide and discovered that the interview will not be shown on t.v. anymore.

Can somebody tell me what happened during the interview. Also, do you know if the interview maybe shown on t.v. in the future? Thanks! :)
[/size][/font]
If it's recent interview ... I guess the jordanian press will publish it in the web. Maybe.

laila_sahrazade said:
Al-hashimi is their family name,the maroccan RF;s name is al-allaoui .
and ofcourse we have family names.:)

love laila
Isn't it "Al-Hashemi al Kurashi"?
lol I never thought of whether they had a family name or not..ehhm

Juls said:
When I watching the t.v. today, I noticed that [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]King Abdullah was doing an interview with Charlie Rose. I realized that I had missed most to all of the interview. I looked up the interview on Yahoo's t.v. guide and discovered that the interview will not be shown on t.v. anymore.

[/size][/font]
I didnt see the interview from the beginning, just the last 5 minutes or so. It was done in Amman.
King Abdullah talked about democracy in the Middle East. He also said that he's trying to convince the 30 or so political parties in Jordan to reduce their number to 3 or 4 so that people can vote for them on the basis of issues like education, health care etc instead of voting for candidates just because they come from the same tribe, village, family, which is what lots of Jordanians do.
He also said that he would do what was right for his country, even if his decision wasn't popular with Jordanians (I assume he could be hinting at the removal of Prince Hamzah from the post of Crown Prince)
Thats about all I was able to catch.
If you want to see it again, you should check your local PBS station, they might re-air it.

Attachments

• a26 copy.JPG
    a26 copy.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 313
  • a27 copy.JPG
    a27 copy.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 336
T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
Isn't it "Al-Hashemi al Kurashi"?
lol I never thought of whether they had a family name or not..ehhm

Was the spelling not "al-Kuraishi", with an "i"?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I didnt see the interview from the beginning, just the last 5 minutes or so. It was done in Amman.
King Abdullah talked about democracy in the Middle East. He also said that he's trying to convince the 30 or so political parties in Jordan to reduce their number to 3 or 4 so that people can vote for them on the basis of issues like education, health care etc instead of voting for candidates just because they come from the same tribe, village, family, which is what lots of Jordanians do.
He also said that he would do what was right for his country, even if his decision wasn't popular with Jordanians (I assume he could be hinting at the removal of Prince Hamzah from the post of Crown Prince)
Thats about all I was able to catch.
If you want to see it again, you should check your local PBS station, they might re-air it.
From what I remember, the pictures that you posted is what I saw on t.v. I am waiting to see if the interview will be re-aired. Thank you! :)

Little_star said:
I don't think he's lost weight, he's just one of those people who looks better as they get older. He's finally grown into his looks.

I thought the opposit,he was such as a cutie when he was a kid:flowers: ,we can't say the same when he got older,the same goes for princes Hamzah and Hashim,they were so cute as kids.

TamaraKhan said:
I thought the opposit,he was such as a cutie when he was a kid:flowers: ,we can't say the same when he got older,the same goes for princes Hamzah and Hashim,they were so cute as kids.
I wasn't referring to his childhood, all children are lovely in their own way. I was thinking more of his 20's and 30's. When he first became King he hadnt really grown into his looks. Now he has.

The King gets handsomer with age!

Thanks for posting the photos as nylonluva said there were quite a few I hadn't seen before.

I'm so glad she stopped bleaching her hair blonde early on, it looks horrible and so unhealthy. Now if only she can have a word with Haya.....

Thank you for the lovely pics of Abdullah, Rania and their children, Salma and reeda2000.:)

I can't believe how much Hashem has grown up!Thanks for the beautiful picture of the "men" of the family!!

Back
Top Bottom