The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Commoner

it was king abdulah

read this

Domino's delivers
When it comes to the king of Jordan, it's a bit of an understatement to say Domino's delivers. That's because during a May visit to Washington, he collected 14 topping-stacked pies to take home to Amman. His embassy called two stores owned by Domino's Team Washington boss Frank Meeks. The caller to the suburban Virginia store asked that the pies be cooled before being boxed so they wouldn't get all steamy or stale. Meeks's Georgetown store got the order for pies with "five times the sausage," said a Domino's spokeswoman. The Secret Service picked up the pizzas, and King Abdullah threw an $80 tip on the $120 tab. He must have liked 'em a lot because just last week, while his jet was in Washington, his aides collected five more pies from Meeks to take back to Jordan.

Old 06-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Nobility

is that hallal sausage?

Old 06-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

dont they have a domino's in Jordan?

Where did you find that pepep?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Commoner

jrf are sick

they don't know what to do from good. he sent personal jet to buy pizzas

another article

Next time you visit the king of Jordan, we know exactly what you can bring him as a gift: Domino's pizzas.

When King Abdullah was visiting Washington in May, he asked for 14 pizzas to take back to Amman, U.S. News & World Report's Paul Bedard reports in his Washington Whispers column. His embassy called two stores, one in Crystal City and the other in Georgetown, with varying instructions. The Crystal City order was to be cooled before being boxed so they could remain fresh. (Good call -- soggy pizzas are the worst.) The Georgetown branch was asked to include "five times the sausage," according to a Domino's rep. The Secret Service picked them up, paid the $180 tab and left the king's $80 tip.

And there's no stopping Abdullah's cravings. Just last week he sent his personal jet to retrieve five more. He's the king of the country; can't he open his own chain?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by cut1me@Jun 17th, 2004 - 2:33 pm
dont they have a domino's in Jordan?

Where did you find that pepep?
Washington Post, DC
USNEWS
Old 06-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by pepep@Jun 8th, 2004 - 6:16 pm
i will jealous if rania buys this sirop dress

haha she wishes :P
Old 06-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

Well, they've got dominoes in Jerusalem, which is only 40 miles away from Amman, should he get another craving. And if she wanted them, that was very thoughtful of him. I don't see that he sent a private jet just for that.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Oh, well, anyone knows about Hope Gala?
Old 07-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Majesty

we are now on page 10 and its time to strat a new thread

you will find the new thread here
Old 10-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Serene Highness

King Abdullah & Queen Rania of Jordan - a discussion

So much for the people who say she is extravagent!!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
So much for the people who say she is extravagent!!
She is extravegant. Just because she wearing outfits or jewells (or her gem encrusted gold shoes) worth thousands of dollars more than once does not make her un-extravegant. :)
Old 10-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Aristocracy

get a stinking life.

you have GOT to be kidding me!!! rania recycles a clutch, scarf, dress and a blouse and she is now some hero of the thrift store!!!

puhlease, let us go ask the average jordanian woman how many evening clutches they have or how many elie saab gowns are taking up space in their oversized closet.....this is pathetic.

if you are so impressed with rania, balqis, that you think recycling a designer scarf warrants praise-then so be it. but i think it is despicable. you have very obviously never travelled anywhere near the arab world or know any arabs to think this woman is worthy of such devotion.

every last jordanian friend i have laughs at and ridicules the "hand bag queen" for her extravagance-and they CAN afford it!!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
you have GOT to be kidding me!!! rania recycles a clutch, scarf, dress and a blouse and she is now some hero of the thrift store!!!

puhlease, let us go ask the average jordanian woman how many evening clutches they have or how many elie saab gowns are taking up space in their oversized closet.....this is pathetic.

if you are so impressed with rania, balqis, that you think recycling a designer scarf warrants praise-then so be it. but i think it is despicable. you have very obviously never travelled anywhere near the arab world or know any arabs to think this woman is worthy of such devotion.

every last jordanian friend i have laughs at and ridicules the "hand bag queen" for her extravagance-and they CAN afford it!!!!
Hi there.

This subject has been so many times, and in has been the source of many a heated argument! I, too, can't believe that anyone who knows anything about the ME (economically, politically, and culturally) would regard Rania as anything other than extravegant, particularly given the economic status of her subjects. Anyway, all too often people ar e taken in by the glitter and glamour of 'royalty' (not necessarily anyone here), and neglect the substantive governance issues and consequences of such conspicuous consumption.

The point of my post is to refer you to the thread titled "Rania's Gold Shoes". It's a good read. There are a couple of other ones titled Queen Rania and Queen Rania's spending, IIRC. Lots of good heated debates.

Cheers,

Sean.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
How many average british people live in castles, how many average americans are in the white house, how many average moroccan women wear golden belts?
Old 10-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safaa Batin
How many average british people live in castles, how many average americans are in the white house, how many average moroccan women wear golden belts?
On the same token, are Britain and the US 'underdeveloped', 'third world' countries? How much foreign aid do Britain and the US get? What percentage of the population in the US, Britain, and even Morocco live in refugee camps? What is the unemployment rate in Britain and the US compared to Jordan? The average income of the Jordanian family & their tax rate? What's the GNP of Jordan? Are any ethnic groups officially discriminated against in Britain and the US? How many palaces does the US President have use of? And HM the QE II in comparison to King Abdullah? -- Remember, Jordan has a fraction of the population of thethe UK and US.

Just another perspective, that's all. :)
Old 10-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

oh boy..here we go again
Old 10-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
oh boy..here we go again
Don't worry, I will try and control myself..hehehehehe.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
Don't worry, I will try and control myself..hehehehehe.
thats good to hear..but I was referring to this topic
Although I do admit I've thought of posting such pictures myself but thought it too risky
Old 10-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
thats good to hear..but I was referring to this topic
Although I do admit I've thought of posting such pictures myself but thought it too risky
Lol about the risky bit. :) Yes, the topic does seem to come up rather often. :)
Old 10-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.~
On the same token, are Britain and the US 'underdeveloped', 'third world' countries? How much foreign aid do Britain and the US get? What percentage of the population in the US, Britain, and even Morocco live in refugee camps? What is the unemployment rate in Britain and the US compared to Jordan? The average income of the Jordanian family & their tax rate? What's the GNP of Jordan? Are any ethnic groups officially discriminated against in Britain and the US? How many palaces does the US President have use of? And HM the QE II in comparison to King Abdullah? -- Remember, Jordan has a fraction of the population of thethe UK and US.
my point was that the kings and queens in any country do not live in the same level of the average people, what ever was this average. and the people live in the refugee camps are not jordanians, unless the whole world (GB in particular) should live in poverty in sympathy with the refugees of the world .. I like that:) .