King Abdullah And Queen Rania - discussing their projects

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a picture of her from today where you can see her stomach. I can see where one might think she is. That would explain why her face looks fuller in some of these recent photos.

Photo

I realise in Prince Filipe and Princess Letizia wedding that she is a litle more fat.
BUt......................................

i don't think that she's pregnent,i had the same impression in some photos in october 2003,but it was not.I think when she get a few weight she get always from stomach,and it's visible :rolleyes:

I have noticed she has gained a few pounds. She doesn't look sickly skinny anymore, but she's still extremely slim. People complain about her being too skinny all the time...so it shouldn't be a big deal if she looks a little healthier.
The outfit she wore to Felipe and Letizia's wedding and the dress she's wearing today both have elaborately designed waists, which may be the reason her stomach seems a little odd.

It seems I read a lot of articles about the Queen here and there and the King on his way to the US or other countries. They seem to spend a lot of their time traveling around the world--for good causes, yes, but do they spend much time mingling and hearing what the people of Jordan have to say. Not living in the Middle East and relying on the internet and Western publications, perhaps I'm wrong but it just seems King Hussein and Queen Noor were photographed doing more "hands on" work with Jordianians while King Abdullah and Queen Rania are seen beautifully dressed meeting with world leaders abroad. What do the Jordanians think of them? Am I misreading the situation?

Thanks for any news or clarifications.

Mary Shawn

I'm not Jordanian, but I've spent some time there. When I was there, both KA and QR were out of the country quite a bit. But, when they were in Jordan, they were quite visible and surprisingly accessible.

Yes, i heard that too...The king and the queen are most of the time abroad to the point that some people call him "king by correspondence" :blink:

i believe that it was HMKing Hussein who that name was first jokingly given to as he began the whole trend of travelling to foreign countries especially after he married Nour who would go to London and the States for shopping

Originally posted by alia_musallam@Jun 6th, 2004 - 8:56 am
i believe that it was HMKing Hussein who that name was first jokingly given to as he began the whole trend of travelling to foreign countries especially after he married Nour who would go to London and the States for shopping
And so, like son like father :wacko:

King by Correspondence.....that's funny. I know the State Dept. Officials in the US when the were frustrated during the Gulf War said "King Hussein isn't on both sides of the fence; he IS the fence."

Originally posted by maryshawn@Jun 6th, 2004 - 9:23 pm
King by Correspondence.....that's funny.  I know the State Dept. Officials in the US when the were frustrated during the Gulf War said "King Hussein isn't on both sides of the fence; he IS the fence."
Seeing pictures from the independance's day festivities,i saw how he's boring with his queen,they don't have the same commercial and enthousiastic smile for cameras and guests such as their trips abroad :eek: :blush:,they no doubt prefer to be king and queen of jordan for others abroad,not for jordanians :rolleyes:

Originally posted by maryshawn@Jun 6th, 2004 - 9:23 pm
King by Correspondence.....that's funny. I know the State Dept. Officials in the US when the were frustrated during the Gulf War said "King Hussein isn't on both sides of the fence; he IS the fence."
Talking about First Gulf War, King Hussein is making headlines again. The analysts try to figure out what went wrong that we find our self in the strange situation when we are. Meaning “War against terrorism”. When I am talking about “terrorism” I preferred to use this word in comas. Our governments were not able to make the international definition of terrorism, the one that everyone would agree on. I’m sure that we all can interpret this word in different ways.

The today’s hate that exist between Arabs (Islam) and West has its foundation in its history. Many historians argue that it started when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, which led to First Gulf War, of US and Iraq. King Hussein one of the only of a few Muslim governments overtly supported Saddam Hussein. Saddam Hussein explicitly invoked an Islamic appeal. He and his supporters (including King Hussein) called the war as a war on Islam. "This is a war against all Arabs and all Muslims and not against Iraq alone", King Hussein of Jordan stated, giving "green light" and "ideas" to today’s so called “terrorists”. Osama bin Laden in his “political ambitions” constantly refers to Islam and uses religion (as an excuse) for his fight against West and whatever he is fighting against. That doesn’t mean that was King Hussein attention. I thing, he supported Saddam Hussein because of kickbacks, however it seems to be turning in bad way against King Hussein.

The same provocation we saw just recently from Queen Rania, when she broke the protocol and came inappropriately dress to the Catholic Church in Spain. I don’t know, if she was trying to provoke or try to spread hate, I think that she was trying to get press attention. However, history could see that different way. She has to understand her role and know the line, when fashion stop, and the responsibilities and respect to another culture or religion, for that matter, starts. If Princess Maxima can show respect to Muslims (current visit in Turkey) , I don’t see reason why Queen Rania cannot show respect to Catholics.

When it comes to the King Abdullah ruling I don’t think you are misread. It seems like King Abdullah prefer to travel to get the monetary aid instead of working.

Originally posted by Asma2+Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:00 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Asma2 @ Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:00 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-maryshawn@Jun 6th, 2004 - 9:23 pm
King by Correspondence.....that's funny.  I know the State Dept. Officials in the US when the were frustrated during the Gulf War said "King Hussein isn't on both sides of the fence; he IS the fence."
Talking about First Gulf War, King Hussein is making headlines again. The analysts try to figure out what went wrong that we find our self in the strange situation when we are. Meaning “War against terrorism”. When I am talking about “terrorism” I preferred to use this word in comas. Our governments were not able to make the international definition of terrorism, the one that everyone would agree on. I’m sure that we all can interpret this word in different ways.

The today’s hate that exist between Arabs (Islam) and West has its foundation in its history. Many historians argue that it started when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, which led to First Gulf War, of US and Iraq. King Hussein one of the only of a few Muslim governments overtly supported Saddam Hussein. Saddam Hussein explicitly invoked an Islamic appeal. He and his supporters (including King Hussein) called the war as a war on Islam. "This is a war against all Arabs and all Muslims and not against Iraq alone", King Hussein of Jordan stated, giving "green light" and "ideas" to today’s so called “terrorists”. Osama bin Laden in his “political ambitions” constantly refers to Islam and uses religion (as an excuse) for his fight against West and whatever he is fighting against. That doesn’t mean that was King Hussein attention. I thing, he supported Saddam Hussein because of kickbacks, however it seems to be turning in bad way against King Hussein.

The same provocation we saw just recently from Queen Rania, when she broke the protocol and came inappropriately dress to the Catholic Church in Spain. I don’t know, if she was trying to provoke or try to spread hate, I think that she was trying to get press attention. However, history could see that different way. She has to understand her role and know the line, when fashion stop, and the responsibilities and respect to another culture or religion, for that matter, starts. If Princess Maxima can show respect to Muslims (current visit in Turkey) , I don’t see reason why Queen Rania cannot show respect to Catholics.

When it comes to the King Abdullah ruling I don’t think you are misread. It seems like King Abdullah prefer to travel to get the monetary aid instead of working. [/b][/quote]
in alot of ways i agree with you but you forgot to mention what alot of people is the root of problems right now. the british mandate creating israel and the resulting immigration patterns.

Originally posted by silver charm+Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:23 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silver charm @ Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:23 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Asma2@Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:00 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-maryshawn
@Jun 6th, 2004 - 9:23 pm

When it comes to the King Abdullah ruling I don’t think you are misread. It seems like King Abdullah prefer to travel to get the monetary aid instead of working.
in alot of ways i agree with you but you forgot to mention what alot of people is the root of problems right now. the british mandate creating israel and the resulting immigration patterns. [/b][/quote]
Yes, I think we can go on and on.

Not sure why you would think she was dressed inappropriately, Asma2. She wore a long dress, as did Queen Sofia of Spain. She didn't wear a hat but neither did her mother-in-law Princess Muna. Queen Sofia, a Catholic herself, never wears a hat. I have seen her at weddings with her head uncovered. Why do people keep picking on Queen Rania and for very silly reasons IMO, like what she's wearing or not??? You say she's spreading hate? She's known to be VERY respectful of all religions and for bridging the west and the Middle East. And I also think she understands her role very well and is undertaking her duties as a Queen in every sense. I have only respect and admiration for her.

TC
Love
Barbara

Originally posted by Asma2@Jun 7th, 2004 - 4:00 pm

I don't think there is so much hate! Certainly not on the part of Western countries. W. Europe is very welcoming to Muslims, as is the US--probably the greatest aid donor to Muslims. I don't think all Muslims hate the US either--I think certain Imams teach hate, but not all.

Originally posted by silver charm@Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:23 pm
to get the monetary aid instead of working.

in alot of ways i agree with you but you forgot to mention what alot of people is the root of problems right now. the british mandate creating israel and the resulting immigration patterns.
[/quote]
What do you mean by immigration patterns? How does the existence of 5 million Israelis in a country smaller than the US state of New Jersey, bear at all on the lives of 300 million Arabs living in an area more than half the size of Europe, if not more? And what tie does this have to militant Islamic terrorism?

Originally posted by barbara_41172@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:52 pm
Not sure why you would think she was dressed inappropriately, Asma2. She wore a long dress, as did Queen Sofia of Spain. She didn't wear a hat but neither did her mother-in-law Princess Muna. Queen Sofia, a Catholic herself, never wears a hat. I have seen her at weddings with her head uncovered. Why do people keep picking on Queen Rania and for very silly reasons IMO, like what she's wearing or not??? You say she's spreading hate? She's known to be VERY respectful of all religions and for bridging the west and the Middle East. And I also think she understands her role very well and is undertaking her duties as a Queen in every sense. I have only respect and admiration for her.

TC
Love
Barbara
Is she referring to the fact that the invite said knee length dress? I don't think that constitutes spreading hate.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 8th, 2004 - 11:17 am
to get the monetary aid instead of working.

What do you mean by immigration patterns? How does the existence of 5 million Israelis in a country smaller than the US state of New Jersey, bear at all on the lives of 300 million Arabs living in an area more than half the size of Europe, if not more? And what tie does this have to militant Islamic terrorism?
[/quote]
Isreal is populated by Jewish people mainly from the ex-Soviet Bloc. They do not have the historical perspective and cultural sensitvity to the region that Jewish Arabs do.

It is the same thing for Muslims from different parts of the world. A muslim from America is not going to have the same cultural and historical perspective on events as a muslim from Qatar or vice versa.

Immigration is a tricky thing. Ask Canada.

luckily, rania didn’t wear Sirup dress to the church, with her breast hanging down.

Originally posted by silver charm@Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:23 am

Isreal is populated by Jewish people mainly from the ex-Soviet Bloc. They do not have the historical perspective and cultural sensitvity to the region that Jewish Arabs do.

It is the same thing for Muslims from different parts of the world. A muslim from America is not going to have the same cultural and historical perspective on events as a muslim from Qatar or vice versa.

Actually, Israel is populated mainly by refugees from Arab countries--Iraq, Morocco, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, and Iran when they were forced out by anti-Semitic leaders. It does however have citizens from over 100 countries, including those of Islamic, Buddhist, Bahai'i and Hindu faiths, among others. A recent large group of immigrants from the former Soviet Union are Christian, not Jewish, although they may have had some Jewish relatives.

Originally posted by Bubbette+Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bubbette @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silver charm@Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:23 am

Actually, Israel is populated mainly by refugees from Arab countries--Iraq, Morocco, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, and Iran when they were forced out by anti-Semitic leaders. [/b][/quote]
Well,i don't know how were considered jewish people in other arabic countries,but in morocco,they weren't forced by antisimetic leaders to leave for Israel.Their immigration was basically for economic needs,the same for late russian immigration.
If you know moroccan jewish people living israel,you should know how they are proud being moroccan and how they like and liked their king especially talking about late king MV,in every moroccan house,you find there, a portrait of him.
Well,i respect your opinion Bubette,but it should to be well-founded,and you should to talk then about the real racisme in israel between sefarads and ashkinazes :rolleyes: ;) :eek:
At last,i don't know what this discussion is making here in LTR,israel is not a royal country,and there's no corrolation with it to discuss immigration in Israel,as YOU Bubette you are always insisting to not discussing about politic here B)

Why do people keep picking on Queen Rania and for very silly reasons IMO, like what she's wearing or not??? You say she's spreading hate? She's known to be VERY respectful of all religions and for bridging the west and the Middle East. And I also think she understands her role very well and is undertaking her duties as a Queen in every sense. I have only respect and admiration for her.

they're jealous :lol:

Originally posted by Monalisa@Jun 8th, 2004 - 3:27 pm
Well,i don't know how were considered jewish people in other arabic countries,but in morocco,they weren't forced by antisimetic leaders to leave for Israel.Their immigration was basically for economic needs,the same for late russian immigration.
If you know moroccan jewish people living israel,you should know how they are proud being moroccan and how they like and liked their king especially talking about late king MV,in every moroccan house,you find there, a portrait of him.
Well,i respect your opinion Bubette,but it should to be well-founded,and you should to talk then about the real racisme in israel between sefarads and ashkinazes :rolleyes: ;) :eek:
At last,i don't know what this discussion is making here in LTR,israel is not a royal country,and there's no corrolation with it to discuss immigration in Israel,as YOU Bubette you are always insisting to not discussing about politic here B)
My relatives are Moroccan Jews, and I have dated Jews who live or were born in Morocco, so yes, I am pretty familiar with them. Re the racism in Israel, I think that pretty much has faded with the current generation, esp since the President is Sephardi, as is the Chief of Staff, I think. In any case, let's get back ot and hope that Rania visits Israel soon--they certainly have Chanel and other high fashion boutiques there, and it's closer than Europe!

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:14 am
I don't think there is so much hate! Certainly not on the part of Western countries. W. Europe is very welcoming to Muslims, as is the US--probably the greatest aid donor to Muslims.  I don't think all Muslims hate the US either--I think certain Imams teach hate, but not all.
I agree. I think that's a fallacy. Most Westerners don't hate Muslims and Arabs and vice versa.

Originally posted by Bubbette+Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:06 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bubbette @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:06 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Monalisa@Jun 8th, 2004 - 3:27 pm
Well,i respect your opinion Bubette,but it should to be well-founded,and you should to talk then about the real racisme in israel between sefarads and ashkinazes :rolleyes:  ;)  :eek:
My relatives are Moroccan Jews, and I have dated Jews who live or were born in Morocco, so yes, I am pretty familiar with them. Re the racism in Israel, I think that pretty much has faded with the current generation, esp since the President is Sephardi, as is the Chief of Staff, I think. In any case, let's get back ot and hope that Rania visits Israel soon--they certainly have Chanel and other high fashion boutiques there, and it's closer than Europe! [/b][/quote]
Well,if you have some moroccan jewish relatives,you should know that they could return to their country morocco how much they want,and they all keep their moroccan passport, :eek: i don't think that this is the case of country who could to be considered antisimetic,i think that you should to make in your list some sieving :p
As for rania's visit to isreal to bye her dresses and outfits,i don't think that she would to be in israelen journals,there's a lot of palestinians and progressists israelis around who would not consider her as a one of the most elegant women in the world but one of the most pretentious women in the world,she no-doubt prefer to be in the french and spanish tabloids which are bootlicking her since she's spending there a fortune for the luxe's commerce free advertinsing,as the gulfies princesses and sheikes do :rolleyes: :p :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom