Interviews, Speeches and TV appearances of the King and Queen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a link for the video with Blitzer on the other thread. Does somebody know where we can see the othe interview, the one with McEdwards?
You can see the video at myvideo.de. Search for Queen Rania.

Hi everyone,

I want to tell you that Queen Rania will be soon the guest of the program "kalam nawa3im" on MBC1 .

Hi everyone,

I want to tell you that Queen Rania will be soon the guest of the program "kalam nawa3im" on MBC1 .
Thanks for information :flowers:.What kind of program is it? Hope we can watch it later on youtube...

Thanks for the links, Joumana :flowers:. But I understand nothing :sad:. Can anyone translate it :whistling:?

Thanks for the links, Joumana :flowers:. But I understand nothing :sad:. Can anyone translate it :whistling:?
the queen will be the guest of an arabic programe called kalam nawaaim(women talk) next Sunday,you can considered it like the arabic version of the american programme the view.a little boring to me but i think and hope the presence of Qrania makes it more intersting:)

Quebecor Media in Canada has launched a new web broadcasting station that includes live feeds from several international stations, including MBC1 from Dubai, via a partnership with Jump TV.

I believe the service is only available to Canadian users but I can’t test that as I live here. If you don’t live in Canada, you might want to try accessing it to see if it works for you. This would probably enable you to watch Queen Rania’s appearance on MBC1 on Sunday.

The website is canoe.tv. Below is the link that should lead you to the MBC1 page.

http://live.canoe.tv/ifr_main.jsp?n...24c74x11691da2bccx3c69&rdm=145499.87675375774

For those who have german TV: On May 12th at 20.15 the program Arte will repeat the documentary of King Abdullah and Queen Rania:
Home - ARTE

Intervew to Associated Press

The Associated Press: Jordan queen urges Arab oil states to spend on social causes
Jordan queen urges Arab oil states to spend on social causes
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) — The huge national investment funds that Arab countries have created from their oil profits should be directed at building social equality and protecting the environment, Jordan's Queen Rania said Wednesday.

Video sites - Interviews etc

Does anyone know of a site or can post video interviews with Queen Rania?

Has anyone ever seen the interview where Katie Couric was in a helicopter with QR and possibly KA piloting? On Katie Couric's goodbye video from NBC, there is a clip of it. I think Katie and QR are friends.

Surprisingly, Youtube doesn't have that many interviews on there.

Hellomagazine : RANIA OF JORDAN The queen tells how she is leaving tradition behind to be a very modern monarch

Anyone have this issue :rolleyes:?

The Hello article has no new photos and the ones accompanying the article have already been posted here.

The article was quite interesting and there were a few things I learnt. For example the King wrote his thesis at Georgetown on the Arab-Israeli conflict and when he first became king he used to dress in disguise and travel around Jordan to see his country for himself.

I've copied a few quotes from the article, some are the Queen's and others are from people commenting on her.

The Queen on Jordan:
"I loved Jordan the minute I arrived. I felt that this was a place where I could have a family and spend the rest of my life."

On becoming Queen:

"It was a tremendous shift in my life and a huge responsibility sudddenly cast on my shoulders. I was very young at the time, and I did have my doubts over whether I could carry that responsibility-whether I had what it takes. However I did feel that this was something, a mission, part of my service to this country that I care about so much-and part of carrying on King Hussein's legacy. That's what kept me going. That's the drive behind it."

King Abdullah's reaction to the change in succession:

"It was a shock for him. He didn't expect it. He was pursuing a miliatary career and that was the way he saw his life moving. So I felt like we had to stand together as partners and see eah other through. And it's been incredible."

The Queen on her husband:

"He's the antithesis of a chauvinist....He very much believes in women being active; he's very proud when I'm out there. Which is wonderful. I'm very lucky to have a husband like that."

The Queen on fame:

"If I was to disappear today and somebody else came into my place, it would be about them. It is really important to understand that, so you don't become jaded and cynical. When ego comes in you subconsciously develop a distance between you and the people you are interacting with."

The Queen on microfinance:

Giving small loans to women in particular has been shown to completely transform their lives....Not only do these women have an income that improves their standard of living, but they also have a voice. And they start to become active citizens."

The Queen on religious extremism:
The best way to fight extremis is through job opportunities, education, openness and justice.
"Once you have all those things, by default, the extremist ideology will have no place in yuor society".

The Queen on "Soft Power":

"Soft power is real power. If you really want to make things go in a direction that you think is better, the best way to do that is through goodwill and not authority...power that comes from trust and caring and goodwill is the kind that produces lasting change."

On her public profile:

"I'm not a celebrity, I'm not a rockstar. And that works for me! And in a sense I feel very lucky. I can have the best of both worlds, where I can have the profile to influence issues, but I don't have to deal too much with the inconvenience of celebrity, including the paparrazzi."

On her children:
"They (the) children have been brought up as normally as we possibly could. Not matter how much I try they are not as nomral as other kids.....

The way to protect them is to embed the right values. To make sure they respect others, have the values of honesty, modesty and humility, and treat their friends fairly and well. At the end of the day I want them to feel that they have to work hard to achieve the results they want. That it's not just going to come by virtue of who they are. None of that is automatic. If you want to have real friends, you better work hard at being nice to people. If you want to go to a good school, you'd better get good grades."

On Prince Hussein and the succession issue:
"There is no talk of being a king, or entering a political life. That is not an option at this stage. He needs to work on pursuing a carer, be it a miliatary career or a profession. If destiny takes him in a different place, we'll take care of it then. But even talk now is counter-productive. He's too young. It's unfair. He would miss out on things that he needs to go through right now: friends, building relationships, working hard, having fun."

The Queen on how she would lie to be remembered:

"As a caring mother, supportive wife, a good friend, someone who tried to make a difference in the lives of those who needed a helping hand."

Last edited:
A close friend describes the death of King Hussein on Rania:
"I remember very well when King Hussein passed away. She was the first in line when we came to pay our respects. I remember very well her sadness and sorrow at the loss of His Majesty. She was overwhelmed. She had not had time to think what he meant to her. He was her idol."

An unnamed close family member on Rania's new role:
" We were worried. It came as quite a shock to us. It came as quite a shock to us. From the first day there was so much work to be done. But if anyone could pull off being a Queen, Rania could..........

In school she was always a high achiever. "Conscientious" was always on her report card. But she had a very normal childhood. She makes sure she spends a lot of time with all of us. We see her regularly-two or three times a week. Obviously things have changed; she is a lot busier. She positively inhales good causes. But as a family, we carry on exactly as before. And we are extremely proud of her."

Maha Khatib, Minister of Tourism and Antiquities, on the Queen's reaction to the Amman bombings:
"Suddenly I found her crossing the street to talk to 1,000 people. I was scared to death. When you live in a troublesome and turbulent region, sometimes I think we need more security to protect her. But she is so much in love with the people that sometiems she rebels."

The article also talks about the Queen's frequent visits to local Amman restaurants with friends and family and shopping with her children.

The Queen also recounted a very cute story about Prince Hashem:
"This week I was in my office meeting an important foreign guest and Hashem was in the adjacent room. Suddenly this cute head peeked around the corner of my office wall ad a giggly voice said "Mamma, can I come..?" There's no way to keep a meeting serious after that".

Last edited:
Great article .... thank you little star

Many thanks for posting all these quotes, Little star. Quite interesting!

King Abdullah's recent speech at Princeton University

Thanks for posting this one, Little Star. The first speach of King Abdullah for me. Grandios! The way how he outlines his thoughts and ideas is simply great. Easy to understand and very logical. Also, I was surprised how freely he spoke without looking at a manuscript or so. All in all a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pity that the article has no new pictures, but it is very interesting to read.

Thanks a lot, Little Star :flowers:.

The quotes from the Hello article appear to be recycled from the original Harper's Bazaar article that ran on her earlier this year. I've noticed in the past that once an original article runs in one publication, it can sometimes be recycled in another a while later. I suspect that's what has happened here.

Are we sure they are scheduled to attend Expo in Spain on Tuesday?
Good question. I read that they will visit the Expo only on Hola.com. But on the other hand I cannot believe that they will stay in the USA till 21th July. I think it's a little bit long for a several-day visit.

Video from CNN: Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom