The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2006, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jordan King: 3 Mideast Civil Wars Possible in 2007 (vidio)
abc news
http://www.abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/s...2679914&page=1

Old 12-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Nobility

'I want to make a difference to the world'

Queen Rania of Jordan on falling in love with India, handling the responsibilities of a Queen and being a style icon.

The world is fascinated by her. And so are we. She's a very modern Queen. That's how she came across to everyone on her recent New Delhi visit. The world's youngest queen, Rania of Jordon moves with a certain grace. In fact, after Princess Diana, she's touted as the most fashionable royal. In an exclusive interview, Queen Rania tells Delhi Times why she's fallen in love with India, how she plays the role of Queen and on being listed amongst the most powerful women in the world by Forbes magazine

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...how/688847.cms

Old 03-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Royal Highness

A WORD FROM QUEEN RANIA

On the occassion of International Women's Day, below are excerpts of Her Majesty Queen Rania's remarks at the opening ceremony of the Second Annual Meeting of the Women's Forum for the Economy and Society, in Deauville, France: Link
Old 03-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Royal Highness

Calling on the Queen

(Article and interview from verveonline.com)
Old 03-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
Calling on the Queen

That is a good interview. I especially like the second half (the first half is mostly about her visit to India a couple of months ago) where Queen Rania talks about her personal life, her fitness routine, how she chooses her clothes etc. I always like more intimate interviews that reveal new details about a person.
Thanks for the link asturiana.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
Calling on the Queen

Great interview ....thank you asturiana
Old 04-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the interview, it's very interesting and gives lot more insight into how she works.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

HM King Abdullah II .. The 19 Arab Summit in Riyad
MaximsNews Network
Old 05-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Commoner

There is a short one page profile in the June 2007 issue of Glamour (US edition) on Queen Rania. I think the title was Glamour's Hero of the Month. I'm not sure if there is an online link to it or not
Old 05-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

10 Questions with Queen Rania
LINK
Old 05-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
10 Questions with Queen Rania
LINK
I like this idea, to have her answer questions sent in from people all over the world.
Here's part 2 of the article:
More Questions with Queen Rania
Old 07-19-2007, 04:07 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen’s Mission

Sayidaty, the women’s weekly magazine and a sister publication to Arab News, sat down with the royal highness in her offices in Amman recently for a personal chat about the current and future state of Arab women.

Interview from arab news website
Old 08-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania speaking on Islam:

Let me start with the traditional greeting of Islam: peace be upon you.

I welcome the opportunity to engage in this conversation, and I am glad to think global readers are interested in Islam, a religion shared and cherished by millions of men and women around the world. I hope that this exercise challenges perceptions that Muslims are somehow different…strange…a breed apart. The other.

All faith, after all, is based on an intensely personal, private relationship with God. And I believe that if we are to build true understanding among and within our societies, we must approach each other as fellow human beings, not representatives of one religion or another.

Perhaps that is why I have never been preoccupied with defining “the true meaning” of Islam. To me, Islam is an amalgam of virtues that guides my interactions with the world. I know deep down, as I have read and been taught by the Holy Qur’an, the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH), that it is good to give, to empathize, to be patient, to be compassionate. These virtues do not have ineffable meaning, but offer a sense of morality – a way to be, and a way to behave, as a member of the human family.

Looking back, I learned how to be a Muslim at an early age – not as something separate from daily life, but as something intrinsic to it. I think of my parents’ warmth and love; how they helped me, my brother and sister learn to share; and how they taught us to value honesty, humility, charity, and forgiveness. Now a mother myself, I know in my heart that meaning is being made when my children raise their arms for a hug; when we give of ourselves to those less fortunate; when we are reminded, during Ramadan, of the hunger and thirst of those in need.

I cherish these experiences not only because they make me a better Muslim, but because they make me a better person – more grateful, more connected, more aware. And yes, I offer my thanks to God on a prayer mat facing Mecca. But I hope that readers seeking to understand “the true meaning of Islam” will not only focus on how Muslims worship but also on who we are: mothers, fathers, spouses, students, neighbors, friends. People who smile with pride at their child’s first step; laugh with friends over the old times; worry about exam results; cry at the sight of our children in pain. People just like you.
My Queerific World: The True Meaning of Islam - by Queen Rania
Old 09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

July 1, 2007 - Dagens Nyheter Söndag

Queen Rania's interview with Dagens Nyheter Söndag, conducted during her visit to Sweden for the Tallberg Forum.

Its in a question/answer format, I'm posting the last two because they're not the typical questions Rania gets asked:

What were your plans for the future before you met your husband?

I think I was probably like many other fresh graduates in their early 20s…relieved that exams and study were over; excited about a new phase of life; a little bit daunted by my new responsibilities (I had a job in the banking sector); happy to be meeting new people and making new friends…and not really very sure about where life was going to take me--but content to roll with it. I didn’t have a grand plan!

Soon the Swedish Crown Princess will marry her boyfriend Daniel, a person without any royal background, just like you. What are your personal pieces of advice to him?

Being in the public eye certainly takes some readjustment! I grew up in a very ordinary, private family…doing pretty regular things….cinema…gym…restaurants… and I liked that anonymity and privacy, and I sometimes miss that. Of course, I still manage to do those things, but it’s never quite as straightforward or spontaneous! I also had to learn a lot of new, quite daunting skills like public speaking, for example. My greatest teacher was my husband whose advice, support and encouragement was, and still is, invaluable. At the end of the day, it’s about partnership and teamwork.

It’s also important to realize the many pluses to being in the public eye. It’s an incredible opportunity to spotlight everyday heroes and worthy causes that need publicity and fundraising…and to empower those who can activate change in their communities.

You can read the entire interview here
Old 09-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

August 20, 2007 - Newsweek International

Don't Sniff at Money
Queen Rania pushes Arabs to train entrepreneurs.

Jordan's Queen Rania Al Abdullah emphasizes the need to teach Arab kids how to start their own businesses and create jobs. She's crisscrossed the region to drum up support for Injaz al-Arab, a fast-growing NGO that has helped 270,000 students learn business skills and set up their own mini-companies. Her Majesty answered Stefan Theil's written questions from the royal family's undisclosed vacation retreat.

Read the excerpts here
Old 09-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania's speech at the WEF in Dalian
Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Rania's video message for Peace One Day 2007
Old 10-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Rania's video message for Peace One Day 2007
Thank you . I have never seen this video before.
BTW in the video you can also see a beautiful photo of King Abdullah with his two daughters .
Old 10-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Nobility

Rania has posted on her website the transcripts from her two CNN interviews during her October 2007 trip to the United States.

Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site

Sunday, October 28, 2007
With Colleen McEdwards
CNN
YOUR WORLD TODAY

Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan Official Web Site

Friday, October 26, 2007
With Wolf Blitzer
CNN
THE SITUATION ROOM, CNN
Old 10-31-2007, 06:47 AM
Nobility

There was a link for the video with Blitzer on the other thread. Does somebody know where we can see the othe interview, the one with McEdwards?