The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

An Entrepreneurship State of Mind - CoE2010

Old 01-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Royal Highness

Oprah-Winfrey-Show with german subtitle:

Sixx: Online-TV

Old 02-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jordan Queen Seeks to End Sectarian Violence - ABC News
Old 03-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Queen Rania's article on International Women's Day, 2011

A beautiful piece written by QR and posted on The Huffington Post:

A Century of Giving Back

Her face has been kissed by Time. Every crease and line around her eyes records a moment in her life, like the delicate rings in a tree trunk. Etched into her beautiful brown skin, more than one of these proud wrinkles symbolizes the many hardships she has endured over the years. Alone, her seven grown children (one for each day of the week) visit to keep her company and seek her counsel. With what little she has, she still gives what she can: wisdom, compassion, and a modest meal. She is Um Fawaz, from a small village in northern Jordan.
. . . In Jordan, and most Arab countries, we have more girls in universities than boys. Maternal mortality in my country is around half the global average. Nearly a third of our most profitable entrepreneurs are women in small and large businesses. And in Jordan's elections last year, 17 percent of candidates were women. Queen Rania of Jordan: A Century of Giving Back

Um Fawaz is the lady whose house QR visited earlier this month: At Um Fawaz houshold | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

ABC news interview .. King Abdullah ..
He talked about the attacks against Queen Rania.
Quote:
AMANPOUR: The queen, Queen Rania, has been rather viciously attacked in Jordan. In your book, you write that you have an equal partnership. Why is she being attacked? And are there any merits to the grounds that there have been land grabs that she's organized for her family or other corruptions?

ABDULLAH: Everything that I've heard is absolutely ludicrous and very sad, when many, many Jordanians know what she has done for women, for children, not only in Jordan, but across the region and further afield. I think we're in an atmosphere where anybody that wants to look at destabilizing Jordan and having a go at me, looking at a weaker link. And having a go at Rania I think has been very, very sad for all of us that people would stoop to that level.

AMANPOUR: Does she have any powers to pick certain ministers or civil servants or anybody?

ABDULLAH: She has never, ever gotten involved in the government. Her mandate, if there is any, has always been education, education, education. And I'm hoping that our society will wake up to this and put a stop to this, because it's become so destructive in Jordan, not just Rania. Many, many people have been accused by people that just feel that they can get away with it.
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Old 05-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
ABC news interview .. King Abdullah ..
King satisfied with country’s direction, optimistic about future

King satisfied with country’s direction, optimistic about future | Jordan Times
Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 AM

a good speech from king abdullah

that amazing

Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

'King Abdullah II: Jordan will never be Palestine'... JPost - Diplomacy & Politics
Jordanian king says Jordan will never be alternative Palestinian homeland, says "Jordan option" is a political fantasy.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Serene Highness

Rania is the shrewdest woman I've ever seen in my life, in fact she runs the country not king abdullah... he is not shrewd as a leader should be..
Old 09-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Rania is the shrewdest woman I've ever seen in my life, in fact she runs the country not king abdullah... he is not shrewd as a leader should be..
hehehe how did you realize that ? In fact there is a wiki leaks letter from a close one to them saying the problem is that they do not trust any one ! that why the king listens to hear and not to his team .
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
hehehe how did you realize that ? In fact there is a wiki leaks letter from a close one to them saying the problem is that they do not trust any one ! that why the king listens to hear and not to his team .
You mean Al-Kabariti ( former prime minister & Chief of the Royal Court) letter.
Link
Quote:
¶10. (S/NF) Kabariti agreed with the Ambassador that the
relationship between Washington and Amman was "improved from
years past" and that this was largely due to the respect the
Bush Administration had for the King, and the ability of both
the King and the Queen to connect with the American people.
But he added that the King "feels much more at ease on a
foreign platform than the domestic one" and said that they
were both "very insecure" in Jordan. He added that this
insecurity leads to bringing "low caliber people" into the
government, because "no one, not the King, not the PM, wants
to be upstaged". He said the King had not yet "developed his
father's ability to trust his advisors", and that "he does
not like politics at all". As a result, he said, the King's
advisors are afraid to tell him anything. (Note: Kabariti
also said the King "loves to axe people" in terms of removing
them from the government. He said the King believes it
portrays the image of "a firm, determined, strong-minded
man". End note)

¶11. (S/NF) Kabariti suggested that "the King needs more
time" to learn how to govern, and said that all Abdullah
wanted, before the passing of King Hussein, was to be head of
the Army--"That was his long-term dream; he has never been
groomed to be King". But he said that "the Queen adds to his
insecurity as she does not trust any one." He added that
"she is the last one to whisper in his ear" on most matters.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
I dont know how you can believe this!! KA before assuming his constitutional powers did very well as a military man .. & till now i think he is doing well as King. Even if you do not think so .. what proves that his wife is ruling the country? ... rumors are not facts dear.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Courtier

Kabariti cannot be seen as an "objective" source. A confident of Queen Noor he made intrigues against then CP Hassan with whom he had been fighting a lot during his term as Prime minister. The fact that he was really detested by PHassan may have helped him to get the job as KA's first Chief of the Royal Court in 1999. But in this job he tried to pursue his very own political agenda instead of that of the king - believing that the new king would be too inexperienced to rein him in and often thwarting the work of then Prime minister Rawabdeh. The consequent antagonism between the Prime minister and the Chief of the Royal Court really didn't help, that is why the king sacked both men unceremoniously already in June 2000, something that Kabariti would never forgive him ...
Obviously the king had to realize after a rather short while that he couldn't trust this man.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
Kabariti cannot be seen as an "objective" source. A confident of Queen Noor he made intrigues against then CP Hassan with whom he had been fighting a lot during his term as Prime minister. The fact that he was really detested by PHassan may have helped him to get the job as KA's first Chief of the Royal Court in 1999. But in this job he tried to pursue his very own political agenda instead of that of the king - believing that the new king would be too inexperienced to rein him in and often thwarting the work of then Prime minister Rawabdeh. The consequent antagonism between the Prime minister and the Chief of the Royal Court really didn't help, that is why the king sacked both men unceremoniously already in June 2000, something that Kabariti would never forgive him ...
Obviously the king had to realize after a rather short while that he couldn't trust this man.
well giving his opinion about the current situation does not mean he is biased and has his own agenda !! do not forget that he was the head of royal court on 1999 ans yes at that time the king did not have that much experience and even you can say a far distance from his father's men maybe due to age ... Al Kabariti is known of his qualifications and experience and he is smart enough in his conclusions !! I do not know whenever the king and rania are criticized people get nervous ; things are changing in the middle east unless you would not have seen the king spending too much time in Jordan and rania recycling her thoubs !!!
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 09-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
well giving his opinion about the current situation does not mean he is biased and has his own agenda !! do not forget that he was the head of royal court on 1999 ans yes at that time the king did not have that much experience and even you can say a far distance from his father's men maybe due to age ... Al Kabariti is known of his qualifications and experience and he is smart enough in his conclusions !! I do not know whenever the king and rania are criticized people get nervous ; things are changing in the middle east unless you would not have seen the king spending too much time in Jordan and rania recycling her thoubs !!!
Why should I be nervous? The comments of Kabariti have nothing to do with the current situation, but are all several years old (they were only revealed now by Wikileaks). Kabariti had already his own agenda in 1999 - the reason why he and the king (as before he and PHassan) didn't get along in the long run.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
I dont know how you can believe this!! KA before assuming his constitutional powers did very well as a military man .. & till now i think he is doing well as King. Even if you do not think so .. what proves that his wife is ruling the country? ... rumors are not facts dear.
Well,maybe King Abdullah is not that public and he is rather seen at diplomatic events and political meetings but Queen Rania is more visible on TV,internet,newspaper than any other royal from the middle east-at least in my country,in Europe! She is doing many interviews,every fashion or gossip paper has some pictures of her in it and her twitter and youtube accounts have many followers-which shows she can fascinate the people and there are many citizens around the world who listen to her and who trust in her intelligence and support her political goals (education,women´s empowerment,ending poverty,helping poor countries,giving Palestine more freedom and rights etc.) While Rania keeps a very high profile and represents her kingdom in foreign countries I doubt that she has much influence on "inner politics" in Jordan-I don´t know enough to judge the situation but I believe that Jordan´s politics are mainly dominated by the king and chosen politicians while Queen Rania is doing a lot of work for charity,supporting the communities and improve the situation for people in need.

Every powerful woman-no matter if in Europe,US or middle east gets a lot of critisism!Some of it is constructive and just but most of it is really unfair,untrue and mean especially if it wants to destroy the public image of a person and make everyone believe that she is just a phony and has a bad character-
Some popular accusations that are used for those highly successful,powerful women are: She is taking away the power from her husband,she is taking too much influence on the government,she is stealing money from the country,she takes money from charities for herself, she likes to spend money and doesn´t care for poor people...etc etc.
If she happens to be not that attractive or fashionable as Queen Rania she gets a lot of mean comments on her looks (happened to Angela Merkel for many years!) or someone questions her female gender (as happened to Hilary Clinton or Margareth Thatcher) and calls her a "man-woman" .....well,if you happen to receive so much citisism and hate I would say that you have achieved a lot and that some men are afraid they will lose their position because women are doing a better job... (I am not a man-hater,but it seems to me that some males have a problem with strong women!)
Old 09-15-2011, 06:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

well it has been almost a fact that Arab first ladies like in Egypt and Tunisia interfere in many aspects and this intervention took a lot and cost a lot for their husbands , that means the closet circle for those ladies are the winners despite of their qualifications thus if rania hates an official even he is qualified then her is a problem that will generate a bigger one ,
for me I would like to know how rules my country and takes the decisions that will affect my future and the next generation !
Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Royal Highness

Of course they sometimes intervene where they shouldn´t, I would also prefer to see a constitutional monarchy like in Great Britain where the royals are only representing and the politicians rule the country and make the laws but all I wanted to say is that we need to have a proof of their wrongdoing before we can accuse someone of stealing money or using charity money for themselves.I don´t have this kind of proof and I know that many good people get accused for things they haven´t done but if anyone can give me a good proof for someone´s wrongdoing I am the last one to defend the person who commited a crime or lied.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

that is what should it be to avoid any accusations a real constitutional monarchy
Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
that is what should it be to avoid any accusations a real constitutional monarchy
The precondition for a real constitutional monarchy are several well organized political parties with comprehensive political programs (as they are existing in every European monarchy (and republic)) - vibrant and attractive enough to get the votes of the voters in parliamentary elections (and to be thus able to form parliamentary majorities and elect a Prime minister). But such parties have to be created and developed by the people. A new election law can help but is not enough - Jordanians should stop to prefer to vote for members of the own family, clan, tribe.