The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Hope not posted before ..
HHer Majesty Queen Rania | STARS

Old 07-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Old 09-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Regina Rania di Giordania compie 40 anni
Old 09-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

An old interview with King Abdullah II (Arabic) for Al-hayat news paper - May 1999
http://www.addustour.com/Viewarchive...\local231.html
Old 09-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Royal Highness

Rania in Milan:
Old 09-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Commoner

Any video link to KA II speech in the UN today ..

Thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe it was posted yet, but I've never seen this video: GPF 2009 Conference Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Vimeo
Old 09-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Aristocracy

HM King Abdullah appeared on John Stewart's Daily Show on 23 September. You can download the interview from the web site or iTunes.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
Any video link to KA II speech in the UN today ..

Thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Queen Rania of Jordan joins Christiane Amanpour for an exclusive interview. ...

Old 09-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lesson from a bite (project) part1.wmv
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

CBC Canada Interview I've never seen before, don't know if it's been posted, i enjoyed this one, I find her to be much more relaxed than usual and see a little more of rania the person rather than rania the queen
CBC.ca Video

and an article from the same source, thinking this is where I should post it
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/0...interview.html
Old 10-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae143 View Post
CBC Canada Interview I've never seen before, don't know if it's been posted, i enjoyed this one, I find her to be much more relaxed than usual and see a little more of rania the person rather than rania the queen
CBC.ca Video

and an article from the same source, thinking this is where I should post it
CBC News - World - Queen Rania Al-Abdullah: A diplomatic monarch in a troubled region
I find these interviews to be very repetitive as she never says anything new and it is always a variation on a theme. Always the same lines that have been well rehearsed over the years. She is only articulate if she is reading a speech or appearing on an interview that is preprepared like this one. When she has to speak off the cuff, she is a terrible speaker, repetitive, scattered and jumps from one thing to something entirely unrelated. She always gives a polished performance in these instances where the questions are preprepared and there is nothing controversial being asked and she is not being asked any tough questions by a tough interviewer.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Aristocracy

I respect your right to have your opinions yamamah but do you EVER have anything nice to say about this woman? I mean before I even clicked the thread, I saw that you responded and I knew it was going to be something negative. I happened to like this interview, albeit repetitive, what choice does she have when they all ask the same questions over and over again throughout the years?

And I thought she was much more expressive, especially in the last few minutes, verbally as well as physically, and despite having the same questions, they were not the same responses if you read her body language as it compares to other interviews.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I respect your right to have your opinions yamamah but do you EVER have anything nice to say about this woman? I mean before I even clicked the thread, I saw that you responded and I knew it was going to be something negative. I happened to like this interview, albeit repetitive, what choice does she have when they all ask the same questions over and over again throughout the years?

And I thought she was much more expressive, especially in the last few minutes, verbally as well as physically, and despite having the same questions, they were not the same responses if you read her body language as it compares to other interviews.

I know the woman personally and have done for many years. I compliment her clothing choices and style sometimes but I do not compliment the disparity between the image she likes to project and the reality. By the way, I knew your response would be something positive so we counterbalance nicely
Old 10-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Serene Highness

With all due respect, I know the region and its troubles closely and I'm glad that she is giving a voice to those troubles. Becouse, letS' face it, if she wasn't the youngest queen in the world and beautiful, very few people would actually listen to her.
About the repetition, the troubles in East in general are not being comrehended rightfully in the western world, because they don't know the culture and/or afraid of that particular culture. Only if you tell them over and over again, they grasp some of the realities. (I know this from personal experience)
I won't mind her being repetitive for the problems themselves are also reprising themselves.

But again, I don't mean to cause any offence.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Charlotte Aster, I agree with you and also about the troubles but unfortunately the view that the King and Queen give is too simplistic and does not address all the realities.

I think what you say about Rania's personal image is true also and she has courted publicity for her looks over the years which has ensured she is a familiar face in a certain type of magazine brand.

Quote:

They ask the same questions over and over again because they do not have any other choice. The interviewers are told what they can and can't ask about in advance. These interviews are never spontaneous and the answers are not. Queen Rania's image is very carefully managed and she has a staff of at least 30 people at the palace and she also engages the services of numerous PR companies worldwide to advise on her media image. Rania has never been spontaneous and if you have ever spent time with her, even in private she is not. The image you see in interviews, on television and read about is a very small slice of a stage managed public persona which is what everyone on this board claims to like. it is not the same as the real person.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
…if she wasn't the youngest queen in the world…
She's actually not the youngest queen in the world anymore, and I get really annoyed when the media claim that she is. She hasn't been the youngest queen for at least a decade, after the King of Lesotho married in 2000. Queen 'Masenate Mohato Seeiso was born on June 2, 1976, making her 34 years old.

The Lesotho King's Office

The reason I knew the Lesotho queen existed was because she accompanied her husband to the King of Thailand's golden jubilee celebrations in 2006. A couple of photos posted elsewhere on this forum:

http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php...932_622734.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?...947_561460.jpg
Old 10-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
They ask the same questions over and over again because they do not have any other choice. The interviewers are told what they can and can't ask about in advance. These interviews are never spontaneous and the answers are not. Queen Rania's image is very carefully managed and she has a staff of at least 30 people at the palace and she also engages the services of numerous PR companies worldwide to advise on her media image. Rania has never been spontaneous and if you have ever spent time with her, even in private she is not. The image you see in interviews, on television and read about is a very small slice of a stage managed public persona which is what everyone on this board claims to like. it is not the same as the real person.
But does this mean that she doesn't have a brain of her own, that she is incompetent? Many of us are not well spoken or eloquent in a moment's notice. I consider myself to be well-educated and well-written but because of shyness and social anxieties I am horribly spoken unless I've rehearsed or pre-written what I want to say. I end up stammering, repeating myself, losing track of my thoughts, and sound downright idiotic. I suck at job interviews or any interviews at all where I can't anticipate the questions. Sometimes my brain and my lips just don't connect properly and it's possible, given her shyness that she's the same way.

As for repetitive questions, while I understand there are restrictions on what can be asked and what can't, I don't believe every single interview she has ever given has been pre-scripted, much like when any celebrity gives interviews about films or music or issues in their lives different reporters ask the same damn questions and get the same responses because the celebs have fallen into the pattern of saying them so much. I can recite their answers before they give them sometimes! I imagine, with so many interviews on the same subjects Rania has been given much practice as well.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Hi Jae143, I am saying that I am suprised sometimes that she is not better at speaking spontaneously as she has received years and years of coaching and training by the very best media trainers and PR people in the world. She has spent many years being asked questions and speaking in public so it is surprising to me that she is not more polished when the questions are not scripted or pre-determined. You probably have not had as much experience in public speaking or the training so it would be natural for you to stutter or use lots of filler words. I do not mean the questions are scripted in a way that the journalist has to read exactly what is written on a script but they do have to only ask questions about subjects that are pre-cleared and only within a certain latitude. The final interview you see is the result of a lot of editing and the palace has final approval before anything is broadcast. There is no natural conversation flow. I can assure you that Rania is not a shy wallflower and she actively sought publicity for herself and for her image in the past. That is not the action of a shy person although there are many things I believe that she is secretive about but that is two different things.

Quote:
But does this mean that she doesn't have a brain of her own, that she is incompetent? Many of us are not well spoken or eloquent in a moment's notice. I consider myself to be well-educated and well-written but because of shyness and social anxieties I am horribly spoken unless I've rehearsed or pre-written what I want to say. I end up stammering, repeating myself, losing track of my thoughts, and sound downright idiotic. I suck at job interviews or any interviews at all where I can't anticipate the questions. Sometimes my brain and my lips just don't connect properly and it's possible, given her shyness that she's the same way.

As for repetitive questions, while I understand there are restrictions on what can be asked and what can't, I don't believe every single interview she has ever given has been pre-scripted, much like when any celebrity gives interviews about films or music or issues in their lives different reporters ask the same damn questions and get the same responses because the celebs have fallen into the pattern of saying them so much. I can recite their answers before they give them sometimes! I imagine, with so many interviews on the same subjects Rania has been given much practice as well.
BTW, I have never ever said Rania is not intelligent. She is more clever than her husband but other qualities that are attributed to her public persona are not so true