General news about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family Part 2: February 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's odd statement Imo.
If the Queen feels like she needs to explain herself all she have to do is to slow down the use of the expensive brands no matter if borrowed or not,there is some very low cost piecrs that are very elegant and modern for her use.
Not sure whis idea that statement but it's bad one imo

I didn't expect such statement from the queen`s office TBH. It is quite odd but seems frank. It's good that HM`s team finally clarified this matter. Despite its extra openness, I think this statement will spark the social media debates more than before.

Wow, all because of one very little read blog? IMO they would simply have been better off ignoring it and, if they wanted to comment, simply say the calculations were far too high. By releasing this statement they have made clear that HM is concerned about coverage of her clothing and people's perception of the clothes she wears. What surprises me most if that this seems more like "shooting the messenger" rather than dealing with the issue at hand. If Rania is so bothered at being seen to spend a lot on clothes then why not simply find less expensive clothes? I'm sure she could access lower priced clothes. It seems they are trying to make a fuss about the coverage of the actual issue.

So, the point they are trying to make is that queen Rania is indeed wearing very expensive clothes but that as queen she gets special treatment, so she doesn't pay as much as normal people would have to do to wear the same (although they claim transparency they don't provide the accurate amount).

This statement was an absolute mess. I am very disappointed that Her Majesty released this. It just reeks of the entitlement and tone deafness that often gets lobbed at her without basis. Welp, she has now given them more ammunition....

Statement on the queen's costumes: estimates are far from reality
The statement said We used to see a number of inaccurate publications on social media about the cost of what Her Majesty is wearing during her daily activities," ... [snpped]
The statement is awkward. The voice of displeasure with Queen Rania's fashion consumption must be louder than usual.
It would be a wise move on Queen Rania's part to start recycling her extensive wardrobe and even share it with her daughters the way European royals do.

Last edited:
What doesn't help is the suggestion in the statement that Rania is forced to wear such expensive clothes because she is Queen. She could, despite what the Court may think, do her role in high street clothing and still do a good job.
That reeks of entitlement!

I am quite sure that it is not the case that the people of Jordan want their Queen poorly dressed. But they also especially in a poorer country don’t want to feel money is being wasted and even if borrowed or special price wasted.

The Dutchess of Cambridge is praised for recycling clothing. She would do well to follow the example. In many ways it is a matter of good sense and les me waste.

But do you think it is truth what her office had stated? I mean if famous fashion designers are giving the queen special prices so who pays the
Heigh prices then?and do famous fashion houses
Need to be promoted by queen Rania? They are famous before she became a queen.

I wonder whether the court told the blog they would prosecute them if they would publish on queen Rania again given the statement made by the blog's owners that not publishing was best for the queen and for them!

You will notice that Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan is not on this year's list as she was last year. After discussions with the Royal Hashemite Court and the Office of Her Majesty, we have taken Her Majesty out of our tally and off of our website as to not cause any “damage” to her from our calculations of the yearly worth of her clothing. As a result of our discussions with members of the Court, we determine it was best for Her Majesty and UFONoMore.com to remove her from our tally and website.

Last edited:
I think asking the blog not publish makes it worse
Why did not tge queen send them the actual prices
And proofs that some outfits are gifts?

By commenting about the blog they are giving it credibility.
There is no way anyone can accurately account for what a royal lady had spent in one year and even most people who read the blog probably take that on. board. I mean yes even the royal ladies who buy from these fashion houses probably get some discounted rate, I can’t see for example The Duchess of Cambridge paying full price for all her Catherine Walker or Alexander McQueen outfits, she probably gets some level of discount but she will pay something for them. I can’t imagine why or how Rania gets to borrow them but I guess maybe as she is the one if only a few high profile designer wearing women in the middle east maybe that works to her advantage.

Last edited:
By commenting about the blog they are giving it credibility.
There is no way anyone can accurately account for what a royal lady had spent in one year and even most people who read the blog probably take that on. board. I mean yes even the royal ladies who buy from these fashion houses probably get some discounted rate, I can’t see for example The Duchess of Cambridge paying full price for all her Catherine Walker or Alexander McQueen outfits, she probably gets some level of discount but she will pay something for them. I can’t imagine why or how Rania gets to borrow them but I guess maybe as she is the one if only a few high profile designer wearing women in the middle east maybe that works to her advantage.
One can say that the Hashemites are in a dire situation. A usual blog entry multiplied in the western media could have been considered as accurate and led to unrest in the already volatile region. For instance, many believed Mr Relotius' (SPIEGEL journalist) falsification/lie about Syria.

One can wonder what will happen to the UFO blog when they damage a European royal house with their inaccurate spending amounts.

Last edited:
I am aware that the Queen has been known for wearing haute cotoure for everything and if true it would be hard to spot any recycled ensembles or if she has mixed and matched them.

Another unpleasant aspect ad these blogs and the DM et al is their new habit of including the jewellery costs for each ensemble and then tallying those costs all together which we saw for both Catherine and Meghan. Needless to say, this inflates the annual costs and really skews the actual annual cost by tens of thousands or more . . . but it sure sounds bad!

Last edited:
One can say that the Hashemites are in a dire situation. A usual blog entry multiplied in the western media could have been considered as accurate and led to unrest in the already volatile region. For instance, many believed Mr Relotius' (SPIEGEL journalist) falsification/lie about Syria.

One can wonder what will happen to the UFO blog when they damage a European royal house with their inaccurate spending amounts.

Why would it be more damaging to queen Rania than to other royal houses? Clearly the others aren't that worried because they either don't parade in so much new haute couture or don't panick when what do they is analyzed (including lots of caveats by the blog owners who explicitly stated that not everythimg was included nor can it be confirmed that the royals paid exactly that price).

In the end, if she does what is right, there shouldn't be a reason to panick... and threaten a simple blog.

Most royal houses adopt the attitude that it is better to ignore these type of blogs rather than attack them. At the end of the day these type of blogs can never really be that accurate so better to ignore them, commenting as the Court has here means they obviously, on this case, hit too close to home. The Court's statement has made this a bigger story as it appears to give it credibility.

Why would it be more damaging to queen Rania than to other royal houses? Clearly the others aren't that worried because they either don't parade in so much new haute couture or don't panick when what do they is analyzed (including lots of caveats by the blog owners who explicitly stated that not everythimg was included nor can it be confirmed that the royals paid exactly that price).

In the end, if she does what is right, there shouldn't be a reason to panick... and threaten a simple blog.

Jordan is struggling incredibly badly economically at the moment compared to European countries. Some of the richer Gulf Countries have given them money and loans to assist but in return they expect Jordan to introduce new taxes etc.

There are regular peaceful protests by Jordanians due to the high unemployment level and new taxes the government is trying to bring in and a blog report showing how much the Queen spent on clothes would not be a good look right now. I guess the court were trying to stop the blog reports before they could gain traction in Jordan but I think the statement has probably not worked as well as they hoped.

Jordan is struggling incredibly badly economically at the moment compared to European countries. Some of the richer Gulf Countries have given them money and loans to assist but in return they expect Jordan to introduce new taxes etc.

There are regular peaceful protests by Jordanians due to the high unemployment level and new taxes the government is trying to bring in and a blog report showing how much the Queen spent on clothes would not be a good look right now. I guess the court were trying to stop the blog reports before they could gain traction in Jordan but I think the statement has probably not worked as well as they hoped.
I understand that Jordan's position is more volatile at the moment but the best course of action would be for queen Rania to change her behavior instead of attack a blog that only highlights her behavior. This is what the Spanish court did. Unemployment was (and still is to some extent) high, people suffered economically and the royal family (or at least the queens) adjusted their image to that reality.

Most royal houses adopt the attitude that it is better to ignore these type of blogs rather than attack them. At the end of the day these type of blogs can never really be that accurate so better to ignore them, commenting as the Court has here means they obviously, on this case, hit too close to home. The Court's statement has made this a bigger story as it appears to give it credibility.
If the Hashemites decided to contact the blog in question, they had to have a good reason for doing so. The statement was awkward. Hopefully Queen Rania will reduce her meetings with various celebrities and gala/soiree/film premiere appearances.
I happen to have a very low opinion about mass media in the enlightened western regimes. They do spin truth to fit a particular government agenda (e.g., Iraqi WMD and Libyan campaign). The regimes in question too can not be trusted. As for the transparent expenses of the European royal houses, I do not believe them as they can be doctored.

Last edited:
If the Hashemites decided to contact the blog in question, they had to have a good reason for doing so. The statement was awkward. Hopefully Queen Rania will reduce her meetings with various celebrities and gala/soiree/film premiere appearances.
I happen to have a very low opinion about mass media in the enlightened western regimes. They do spin truth to fit a particular government agenda (e.g., Iraqi WMD and Libyan campaign). The regimes in question too can not be trusted. As for the transparent expenses of the European royal houses, I do not believe them as they can be doctored.
I guess that comes from being from a different culture. If you cannot trust your own media you are more likely not to trust others' either. Unfortunately, I do believe many media spin truth, mostly in non-democratic regimes (and American media also tend to strongly favor one party over the other). In general I do think that most western media does try to report on what really happens and not favor their government (typically they are quite critical of the current government, independent of the regime; again, with the exception of the States that imo is so polarized that it shows in all most all areas of life (not trying to start a political debate, just acknowledging that not all western media can be grouped together). That doesn't mean they cannot be misled or not have access to all relevant information.

Most importantly, I don't think any government has anything to do with a private blog about prices of royal clothes. Except of course the Jordanian court who felt threatened by a simple report on freely available information and forced them into no longer reporting about them (so essentially curtailed freedom of press).

Statement on the queen's costumes: estimates are far from reality
The statement said We used to see a number of inaccurate publications on social media about the cost of what Her Majesty is wearing during her daily activities," .
The statement pointed out that theobsessionses are far from reality.

The full statement (Arabic)

Following is the translation of the Arabic text:

For the first time, the RHC admitted that most of her majesty`s outfits are either borrowed from fashion houses or purchased at special prices.
Queen Rania seems like nice dowm to earth person but in this statemet she come across as a snob;sure she understands what bother her poeple her parade of the expensive clothes loans or not borrowd or not; knowning some own countrymen struggle to have decent meal and roof above their head....it's more a question of bad taste and Rania should be carful and understand that's point come over her obsession for fashion

King of Jordan Abdullah II to receive the Lamp of Peace of St. Francis in Assisi
His Majesty the King of Jordan, Abdullah II, will visit, accompanied by Her Majesty the Queen of Jordan, Rania, at the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, Italy on March 29 to receive as a gift, from the friars of the Sacred Convent, the Lamp of the Peace of St. Francis.

German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, and Italian Prime Minister, Giuseppe Conte, will also be resent at the meeting in the Basilica of San Francesco.

Last edited by a moderator:
His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces-Arab Army, presents His Royal Highness Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II with his wings after completing theoretical and practical pilot training

@alhusseinjo:proud to receive my wings from His Majesty after successfully completing my pilot training. Looking forward to gaining more experience to serve #OurJordan
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvwDwXnnLa_/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom