General news about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family 1: August 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree MARG It will be interesting to see if Abdullah can regain the Bedouin trust again or what is the prise he have to make to have it again.
I think we will know as soon as the reforms king promise will come out I am looking forward to see that reforms it's the Arab Spring no?:)

That's a very noteworthy article, xavi. :flowers:
I'm wondering why why Rania hasn't shown up in public for a longer time... Perhaps she's too fed up with the whole controversy around her persons and waits till everything hushes ...
or maybe she is in Holiday like everybody in this part of the year she always takes off the whole month of July for vacation usually there are paparazzi pics of her during almost her holiday but this year and because of all these critics there wont be any:)

intersting article xavi thanks for sharing it's good to see she understand and takes notes of what her poeple think and want from her.

:previous:Petra reported that Queen Rania attended King Abdullah's address to the Sun Valley Economic Forum in Idaho a couple of days ago (article), like she did last year. But it's a low-key event and there's little coverage of it even in the US media; last year there was only one picture from Petra.

Last edited:
Muslim Brotherhood challenges Jordan
As it prepares for a large-scale demonstration on July 15, Jordan's Muslim Brotherhood has stepped up its criticism of King Abdullah II’s monarchy, going so far as to risk breaking the law by questioning its legitimacy.

:previous:Petra reported that Queen Rania attended King Abdullah's address to the Sun Valley Economic Forum in Idaho a couple of days ago (article), like she did last year. But it's a low-key event and there's little coverage of it even in the US media; last year there was only one picture from Petra.
that's does not mean they are not in holiday and you said it yourself it a low-key event nothing important and usually they attend that when they are in US for vacation with their kids.

Muna Khan / Single Entry: Why is King Abdullah of Jordan tone deaf to reality?
You’d then think that with everything that is happening in the Arab world, leaders would have learned a thing or two. Like, for instance, don’t kick protestors because it doesn’t make them go away. It has the opposite effect—they come back with a vengeance.
Sadly, King Abdullah of Jordan did not receive this memo. Or he skipped class the day they taught how to deal with peaceful protestors without losing your international street cred.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah the Harley riding again !!! the region is boiling and Jordan also ....

This is not the right time for vacations !! hope this will not cause more anger & protests.

Actualy people this news is from 2010 read the date also i rememberd it too. maby they took a vacation more quiet this time? are there other links?

Last edited:
I think he desreve a break too but I think it could be more wise if he spend his holiday this year maybe only this year home given to the situation and all what happen in Jordan and ME right now...i think with all the hype around his Motocycle trips his position might be weak in the eyes of his ppl IMO.

I think he desreve a break too but I think it could be more wise if he spend his holiday this year maybe only this year home given to the situation and all what happen in Jordan and ME right now...i think with all the hype around his Motocycle trips his position might be weak in the eyes of his ppl IMO.
why in jordan they will make trouble if king go holiday ????

I agree with you , but not this year!!!
Not only in Jordan .. all the ME. People are facing many serious economical & political problems so it is not acceptable to see the head of the country enjoying his vacation while his nation & the whole region are suffering.

US warns Jordan's king: Arab revolt is at your doorstep
Jordan's King Abdullah II was warned in Washington this week that he had better start introducing political reforms without delay because a revolt against his throne was knocking at his door from neighboring Syria, debkafile's Washington sources report.

Jordan King Abdullah won't have role in $2.7 billion contract dispute
Jordan King Abdullah II on Wednesday nearly got the starring role a Gulf Stream billionaire wants him to have in a contract dispute over $2.7 billion in U.S. defense contracts to provide fuel to Iraq.And it came from a text message.
Throughout the trial, oil and shipping magnate Harry Sargeant has maintained he had no choice but to cut spurned business partner Mohammad Al-Saleh out of the lucrative defense contracts. The king, he claims, ordered it.
[...]
Angry that Sargeant and another business partner hadn't paid him the $53.4 million he claims he deserves, Al-Saleh in 2009 fired off a blistering text message to his wife. His wife is Princess Alia, the sister of King Abdullah.
In the text message, Al-Saleh tells his wife that "your dear brother" has asked that "I not be paid until a certain matter is resolved."
Questioned outside the presence of the jury, Al-Saleh insisted he never believed his brother-in-law ordered Sargeant to dump him.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow very interesting kasumi. i hope the princess' not involved in a big scandle she seem like a lovely person.

wow very interesting kasumi. i hope the princess' not involved in a big scandle she seem like a lovely person.
You are welcome, Princess Mahala!
I like the Princess Alia very much myself. According to the article no harm has been done to the Jordanian RF reputation.:flowers:

good. i think i remember someone here on the princess thread had not such nice things to say about this husband, she had worked for them or something.

I also wonder what king has to do with that issue?
or the poor guy must take the responsability for all his family acts?

All events taking place in the Holy Month of Ramadan have been moved to the
Ramadan: 2007-2011
Thread

Is Queen Rania Of Jordan That Powerful?
Forbes just released its latest list of the world’s 100 Most Powerful Women, and Queen Rania, the Palestinian wife of Jordan’s King Abdullah II, ranks in the middle. That’s ahead of J.K. Rowling, the author of Harry Potter, Margaret Chan, the director-general of the World Health Organization....

Queen Rania celebrates birthday with continued focus on educating children as her life-calling

Today marks the birthday of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah. In the past two years, Her Majesty has directed most of her attention towards ensuring that quality education is available to all children in Jordan and across the world...
Article

happy birthday her majesty hope all ur days happy with longevity , education 4 all , and alot of good works , God protect you <3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom