The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Nobility

Nice thread I follow and cherish. Either when it's the King or Queen Rania or their children like Hussein and Iman I come in contact with beautiful scenery or depictions upon the lives of the Jordanian royals and their travels. I'm grateful for and always will be for the sharing of imagery where I get to see the World and many people. Thanks you guys for showing us about the lives of Princess Iman and her siblings. They are a joy to look at and see get older. Those last pictures made me smile. They're so cute.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Gentry

princess Iman looks like emma watson

Old 04-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmarina View Post
princess Iman looks like emma watson
I agree with you, she look same like her .
Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

For the first time crown prince Hussein swarm in as regent
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Quote:
Crown Prince takes oath as regent

Amman, Apr 21 (Petra) -- His Royal Highness Crown Prince Al Hussein Bin Abdullah was on Saturday sworn in as regent during a ceremony attended by cabinet members.

After taking the oath, Prince Al Hussein met Prime Minister Awn Khasawneh at the premier's office to discuss a host of issues.

His Majesty King Abdullah II was on a tour of Europe where he held a series of meetings with European Union leaders and addressed the European Parliament in Strasbourg on regional and bilateral issues.

//Petra//SS
21/4/2012 - 05:30:01 PM
Old 04-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

isn't he young to take this responsibility?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
isn't he young to take this responsibility?
I thought the same
Old 04-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

He is still very young IMO but article 28 (L) of Jordan`s constitution says :
Quote:
(l) A Regent or Viceregent or member of the Council of Regency or of the Council of Viceregents shall not be less than thirty years according to the lunar calendar. However, any male relative of the King who has completed his eighteenth year of age according to the lunar calendar may be appointed to any such office.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

He is 18 years old, so he is not really young
Old 04-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
Wow 18 , i thought he was 15
So how old is Iman
Old 04-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

She is 2 years younger than her brother ... will turn 16 next September.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
He will turn 18 on 28 June, so he is still under age.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
He will turn 18 on 28 June, so he is still under age.

The Jordanian constitution required 18 years old according to the lunar calendar so he is not.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

so he is 18...still too young for sush duties.
when the king is coming back home?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Biri .
Friends , He will be 18 this year he is 17 and in June will be 18
Old 04-22-2012, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post

The Jordanian constitution required 18 years old according to the lunar calendar so he is not.
Yes then he must swear as regent next year
why he not choose Princes from his Brothers or Cousin?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree he is still young for such responsibility but as i mentioned above CP Hussein passed the constitutional 18 years required accourding to lunar calendar months ago.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

maybe he still young for the regent role i think if one of the king's brother is available so one of them must take the responsibility.
on the other hand the regent don't have so much to do like taking serious decisions or so...then i can say its not big deal.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
maybe he stillyoung the regent role i think if one of the king's brother is available so one of them must take the responsibility.
on the other hand the regent don't have so much to do like taking serious decisions or so...then i can say its not big deal.
I agree. I have a feeling that there will be a number of the King's brothers and extended family members to help advise him if it was ever needed.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That`s true ... Prince Faisal was with him.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Crown Prince visits Army Headquarters
Amman, April 23 (Petra) - HRH Crown Prince Al Hussein Bin Abdullah II, the Regent, on Monday visited the General Headquarters of the Armed Forces where he discussed with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Lieutenant- General Mashal Mohammed Zabin plans and training programs implemented by the armed forces.
Pictures

At King`s academy ... football match against Alfaisaly under 14 years old team

Tags
king abdullahs children, prince hashem, princess iman, princess salma, queen ranias children