The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2005, 03:37 AM
Serene Highness

It's great news! Better than--I think it was Princess Raiyah's birthday falling on day of KH's death. I always thought that sad. Was it a normal delivery or C section? Have they all been natural or did Rania ever experience a difficulty and have to have a section?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
I was thinking the same thing but maybe its too early to tell. I thought P Salma looked like KA when she was born; but she's now the spitting image of her mother. Wouldn't be strange? KA has a son born on his own birthday and the kid looks just like him?

Old 02-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Serene Highness

You are correct. QR maintained an unbelievable schedule throughout pregnancy--even participating in run/walk for charity early on. She is a runner and believes in staying fit--even during pregnancies. And, yes, some women--even w/o such a regimen--bounce back and are into normal clothes very quickly. My good friend here did have to watch her diet as she had gestational diabetes...but gained 50 pounds and was into size 6 jeans within 5 weeks of giving birth w/o any exercise!!!! I'm jealous; the usual thought is it will be a year before everything is back to normal. I'm so happy the baby looks great and has been pronounced healthy--and QR too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Although I have never seen any pictures of her parents...I was thinking maybe she has good genes...Not every woman, after giving birth, is blessed with the ability to have their bodies bounce back. Who knows...maybe she exercised some during her pregnancies as well.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:47 AM
Serene Highness

Do children have "godparents?"

Very interesting! The official naming ceremony is done by the King...correct? I was just curious as QN had mentioned something about it but I didn't understand who did what and when?

Another question: Do the children have "godparents" or the equivalent? I have never read anything on this issue and have studied a bit regarding Islamic traditions but this was not mentioned. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Mary Shawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
That's Minister of Awqaf and Religious affairs Ahmad Heleil reciting the call to prayer in the baby's ear according to Islamic custom
Old 02-06-2005, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Interesting! The King presides over "naming" ceremony, right?

Do the children have "godparents" or the equivalent? I have read a bit on islamic tradition but could not find this....and was curious. Does anyone know?

Thank you!
no godparents aren't part of Islamic tradition.
And you're question about whether Rania had a C-section, i dont know much about that sort of thing but the picture of Rania with the baby was taken the day after she gave birth. I'd assume that means she had a normal delivery. Unless she was strong enough after the surgery to get up and have her picture taken.

Many women do excercise during their pregnancy but they cant do anything too rigorous and certainly not close to the time of giving birth. I remember hearing that Julia Roberts was doing pilates during her pregnancy but was advised by her doctor to stop doing it. So I dont think that Rania was working out too much. Also, if you look at pictures of her when she was expecting Salma, she had a rounder face and was more chubbier compared to this time. I guess how much weight a woman gains varies from one pregnancy to another.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Besides all the good points mentioned here (weight gain during pregnancy, exercising, diet, natural body shape or type, etc.), rapid and immediate weight loss following the birth of a baby can also have a lot to do with water retention. Some women gain a lot of weight during their pregnancy but sometimes it is really water weight rather than actual pounds. If it's mainly water weight gain, post-delivery women loose the weight very quickly.

A friend gained 32 pounds during her pregnancy (which is normal -- you're supposed to gain 30-35 pounds). Her son was born two weeks early and weighed 6 pounds. Two days after the delivery she had lost 25 pounds without lifting a single dumb bell or putting on her running shoes -- all because she was heavily swollen during her pregnancy and had retained a lot of water.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes congratulations to King Abdullah and Queen Rania. I think many of us knew it would be a boy. The name Hashem was kind of unexpected but still its a good surprise.
It would be even more unexpected if they'd named him Hamzah. Hehe :p
Old 02-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Excellent point! No, she would be unusual if she were strong enough to go through surgery and be well enough to pose the next day. She looks great. The water weight point is a good one, too......I lost 30 pounds just in water weight after delivery as I had toxemia. That only left 40 more!!!!! Ugh!
Quote:
no godparents aren't part of Islamic tradition.
And you're question about whether Rania had a C-section, i dont know much about that sort of thing but the picture of Rania with the baby was taken the day after she gave birth. I'd assume that means she had a normal delivery. Unless she was strong enough after the surgery to get up and have her picture taken.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:07 AM
Aristocracy

Has QR left hospital yet? Im suprised there hasnt been more pics to mark this birth, i wonder why. There was more pics taken when P.Salma was born. I would love to see a family pic with all the children.

This week's issue of Hello Magazine has an article on QR and KA and the birth of baby hashem, i cant wait to see it, i hope there is more pics
Old 02-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
Looks like he's got blue eyes like his dad.
Hi there,

This is what I thought abt this.... When I read hello magazine, I saw the picture of baby Prince Hashem look like got blue eyes color like his daddy King Abdullah....

So adoreable picture!

Prince Hashem look alot like Princess Salma when she was a baby....

:)