Japanese State Visit to Canada – Now in Toronto
The Emperor and Empress of Japan have moved their state visit to Canada to the city of Toronto.
They visited a hospital in the morning, before meeting with Lt.-Gov. David Onley at the his residence and then with Premier Dalton McGuinty at the Ontario Legislature.
They visited the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre on Thursday evening and a seniors’ home on Friday morning before leaving for British Columbia where they may be facing a tense situation as a group of veterans and other interested parties are expecting an apology or expression of regret for past wars from the Emperor .
Turnouts to greet the Imperial couple have seemed rather small as compared to other royal visits during their stay in Toronto.
More information can be found in this thread.Filed under Japanese Royals
Tagged Canada, Emperor Akihito, Empress Michiko, Hospital, State Visit.
- Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko’s State Visit to Canada
- Emperor To Visit Canada and Hawaii in the Summer
- Japan’s Emperor and Empress Plan Their Visit to Canada and Hawaii
- Norwegian State Visit from Canada
- Japanese royals attending exhibition