New Crown Prince Named for Jordan
Jordan’s King Abdullah II issued a decree on Thursday naming his eldest son, Hussein, 15 years old, as crown prince. In a palace statement that was released yesterday said “immediately assume the title and privileges of his post”.
The post of heir apparent has been un-named since 2004 when King Abdullah removed the crown prince title from his half brother, Hamzeh. King Abdullah became King in 1999. Queen Rania is the mother of Crown Prince Hussein.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Abdullah II, Crown Prince Hussein, Succession, Titles.
- Prince Nayef named Second Deputy PM
- King and Queen of Jordan begin trip to Morocco and Portugal
- Jordan’s King: Undercover Visit to a Patients’ Affairs Department
- Jordan Royals attend 10th anniversary celebration
- Jordan’s King meets Obama