Calls To Extend Public Access to Buckingham Palace: Update
Early this month we wrote about a proposal to open Buckingham Palace to the public beyond the two months it is currently open, in a bid to raise funds for urgent repairs needed, the bill running to the many millions of pounds.
The Telegraph is now reporting that this proposal (by MPs) has been turned down because the palace is a place of work for the royal family, who use it to hold receptions and investitures, and to receive and entertain dignitaries.
This includes the proposal to open the palace only on Saturdays and Sundays, reportedly on the basis that the cost of hiring the necessary staff would exceed the extra revenue generated.British Royals
Tagged Buckingham Palace, Elizabeth II, Finances.
- Calls To Extend Public Access to Buckingham Palace
- Organic Garden Blossoming at Buckingham Palace
- Queen Elizabeth Receives US President at Buckingham Palace
- Buckingham Palace Security under Review after Breach
- Jewels on Display at Buckingham Palace