National Day Celebrations Begin in Luxembourg
The celebrations for Luxembourg’s National Day kicked off today in Ell with an official visit from the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess where, together with government officials and members of the community, they laid a wreath of flowers at the Monument des Mars before visiting the city council.
They later visited the local school, where they watched a theatrical performance by pre-schoolers and then listened to speeches in the playground by Joseph Thill, the Mayor of Ell, and Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker, who spent some of his youth in the town.
For more information, please see this thread.Filed under Luxembourg Royals
Tagged Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Grand Duke Henri, National Day.
- Italian President Visits Luxembourg
- Swedish Royals celebrate National Day
- Grand Duke Receives Directors of De Verband Fédération Agricole Luxembourg
- Luxembourg Parliament Removes Grand Duke’s Power
- New Titles for Grand-Ducal Family