Former Greek King Out of Intensive Care
Greece’s Former King, Constantine II, is now out of the Intensive Care Unit at Wellington Hospital and in a private room according to a message posted to the family’s site. The June 3 update says the King “is surrounded by family and is recovering satisfactorily.”
The King is recovering from a scheduled open heart surgery and has had visits from his sisters, Queen Sophia of Spain and Princess Irene of Greece. The Queen’s visit caused quite a bit of press after she chose a budget Ryanair flight for the visit over expensive travel. Photos from the visit are available in this current events thread.
It is expected that once the King is discharged in the coming week that another bulletin will be posted to the official website from the King’s Office.Filed under Greek Royals, Spanish Royals
Tagged Constantine II, Health, Queen Sofia, Surgery.
- Former King of Greece Recovering After Surgery
- Queen Sofia visits her Brother in Hospital
- Former King of Greece Holds Annual Memorial Service
- Former King of Greece Scheduled for Heart Surgery
- Spain’s King and Queen Schedule Next State Visits