Queen Sonja: Operation in June
Queen Sonja will be operated on her foot again. The 71 years old Queen-consort had problems with her feet for quite a while now.
The surgery is scheduled for June 22nd in the “Rikshospitalet” in Oslo. It will be the Queen’s 4th surgery on her feet: she had already been operated in 2000, 2002 and 2004.
The Queen’s engagements for late June and early July have been cancelled by the Royal Court. The Royal Couple’s visit to Hordaland (16th to 18th of June) will happen as planned.
More about the surgery can be found here (article in norwegian).Filed under Norwegian Royals
Tagged Health, Hospital, Queen Sonja, Surgery.
- A New Biography of Queen Sonja
- Queen Sofia’s Co-operation Trips
- Saudi crown prince has ‘successful’ operation
- Sonja and Mette-Marit Celebrate International Women’s Day
- Prince Bernhard Undergoes Surgery