Grand Duchess Maria Teresa in Burundi
Yesterday was the first day of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg’s five-day visit to Kenya and Burundi. She is in Burundi from 31st May to 3rd June and Kenya on 4th and 5th June in her role as “Eminent Advocate for Children”, celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the International Convention on Child Rights.
The Grand Duchess yesterday visited projects for the reintegration of child soldiers and young girls who become raped mothers. HRH also visited a prison in Bujumbura, to meet with imprisoned mothers and their children who have been born in prison and many other young people, including AIDS orphans and former child soldiers.
For more information, please see this thread.Filed under Luxembourg Royals
Tagged Burundi, Children, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, HIV/AIDS, Official Visit, UNESCO.
- Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg: 28 years of style
- Grand Duchess Visits Art Exhibition
- The Humble Grand Duchess: The Last Grand Duchess by Ian Vorres
- Grand Duke and Duchess hold audience at Chateau Berg
- Grand Duchess Presents Awards to Blood Donors