Infanta Elena Opens Madrid Book Fair
Today Infanta Elena opened the traditional Madrid book fair, a cultural event which is celebrated once a year during the last days of May, at Retiro Park. Every year, almost 300 stalls are set up, with hundreds of new and old books to sell.
The fair was established by the Madrid booksellers on April 29, 1933 at Paseo de Recoletos. Entry to the enclosure is free and in the last years, it has been usually the presence of diverse famous writers who appear to sign their last books.
It is traditional that a member of the Royal Family officially open the fair; Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia attended on May 2005 and Queen attended on the 2006 edition.
According to reports, it seems that the book selling the most copies will be the Millennium series, by the Swedish writer Stieg Larsson, a trilogy which is a sensation in Spain.
For more information and photos, see this thread.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Books, Infanta Elena.
- CP allocates Dh 4million to students at book fair
- Infanta Elena opens new Headquarters of FIAPAS
- Infanta Elena Visits the Medinaceli Basilica
- Infanta Elena Promotes the Charity Campaign “A Toy, A Joy”
- Pieter van Vollenhoven attends Book Presentation