Old photo of a young Princess Elizabeth comes to light
A photograph taken in 1935 was found by chance by a museum curator, in a box of old photographs. The subject of the photograph is the then Princess Elizabeth, now Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, who was sitting for a scupture commissioned by her parents, King George V and Queen Elizabeth (at the time Duke and Duchess of York).
The picture was taken along with the sculpture of the nine year old princess; the partly-finished sculpture in fact features in the photo, in the far right. The completed sculpture is in the Royal Collection and was last seen in 2006, as part of the celebrations of the monarch’s 80th birthday.
See the Daily Mail article here.Filed under British Royals
Tagged Elizabeth II, Portraits.
- Princess Beatrice Makes Film Debut in “The Young Victoria”
- Princess Elizabeth’s Engagement Fashion
- Queen Elizabeth Receives US President at Buckingham Palace
- Queen Elizabeth Marks 250th Anniversary of Kew Gardens
- Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip Visit Northern Ireland