The Crown Princess of Sweden At Forty: Her Top Five Fashion Moments
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden today celebrates her milestone fortieth birthday, and a day of celebrations is planned in Stockholm and Öland. To mark the day, let’s take a look at her five best fashion moments!
5. In September 2016, the Crown Princess wore a salmon-toned Guipure lace Elie Saab midi dress to the christening of her nephew/godson, Prince Alexander. She paired the dress with a silk headband, nude pumps and simple jewels.
4. Victoria – seven and a half months pregnant with her first child – attends the 2011 Nobel Prize Ceremony in a midnight blue sequinned Pär Engsheden evening gown with the Six Button Diamond Tiara and pieces from the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure.
3. If there is one event in the royal calendar that we can expect fabulous from, it is the Nobel Prize Ceremony held in Stockholm every December. For the 2014 edition, Crown Princess Victoria wore her most elaborate ensemble yet: a custom Pär Engsheden number in fire engine red, with a voluminous skirt that truly said ‘ball gown’. She paired it with the Baden Fringe Tiara, and a large diamond cross necklace.
2. At the 2014 christening of her niece and goddaughter Princess Leonore, the Crown Princess wore a pale pink Dolce and Gabbana sheath dress with a custom Philip Treacy headpiece.
1. Could the number one spot have gone to anything else? For the dinner and concert held on the evening prior to her wedding, Victoria wore this fantastic one-shouldered Elie Saab Couture creation that featured a long sweeping train and a generous amount of intricate beading. Worn with the Bernadotte family’s diamond epaulette earrings and a diamond arrow in her chignon, the bride-to-be was glowing.Filed under Sweden
Tagged Birthday, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Fashion.