Maurits & Marilène Take Vermeer and Rembrandt To Vancouver
Princess Marilène is currently in Vancouver, Canada. The princess was accompanied by her husband, prince Maurits of orange-Nassau, eldest son of princess Margriet of The Netherlands and Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven.
The princess opened the exhibition as she is working at the PR department of the Rijksmuseum. After the opening of the exhibion the couple also opened the ‘Dutch Masters Ball’, that was especially organized to mark the occassion.
The exhibition shows150 pieces of art of painters like Rembrandt van Rijn, Johannes Vermeer, Frans Hals and Jan Steen, but it also shows the famous Delft blue porcelein and other objects from the Dutch golden age. The exhibiton will last until September 13th.
Click here to read the speech of princess Marilène.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Canada, Exhibition, Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène.
- Queen Beatrix opens ’200 Years of the Prix de Rome’ Exhibition
- Beatrix opens Keukenhof Flower Exhibition
- Renovated Ministry of Finance Receives Queen Beatrix
- Princess Margriet opens Blindness Prevention Symposium
- Queen Beatrix, Calvin & Us