Queen Beatrix, Calvin & Us
Yesterday Queen Beatrix opened the exposition ‘Calvin & us’ in the Grote Kerk in Gouda. The evening started with a speech by Ds. Selderhuis, about Calvin, Calvinism and the Netherlands.
Selderhuis also referred to the tragedy in Apeldoorn on April 30th. ‘What real calvinism is, we were able to witness last week. When on a bright day it became dark all of a sudden. Ramsey Nasr, national poet, opened the exhibition with a poem about John Calvin, which he wrote especially for this occassion. In the poem he is searching for God and for the ‘Calvin in me”. Queen Bearix, who was received with applause, was the first one to get a tour after the exhibition was opened.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Princess Beatrix, Religion.
- Queen Beatrix opens ’200 Years of the Prix de Rome’ Exhibition
- Beatrix opens Keukenhof Flower Exhibition
- Queen Beatrix and ‘The Girls of Verkade’
- Renovated Ministry of Finance Receives Queen Beatrix
- Queen Beatrix sends Condolences to Aircrash Victims