Crown Princess Victoria awards Scholarship
Yesterday, Sweden’s Crown Princess Victoria attended the Sweden-America Foundation’s ninetieth anniversary celebrations in Stockholm. She awarded the Foundation’s annual scholarship and awards during the celebrations, as she does each year. The Crown Princess is the honorary chairman of the Foundation.
The previous royal to hold that position was Prince Bertil, who was the chairman from 1950 until his 1997 death. The “Prince Bertil’s Fellowship” award was created by the Foundation to honour the Prince’s 70th birthday in 1982. The Foundation aims to develop relations between Sweden, the United States and Canada, by “promoting the exchange of scientific, cultural and practical experiences.” They award young Swedish males and females fellowships which will allow them to undertake research and graduate level studies in the US and Canada.
Pictures of the Crown Princess’ attendance at the event can be found here.Filed under Swedish Royals
Tagged Awards, Crown Princess Victoria, Education, Patronage, Prince Bertil, United States of America.
- Crown Princess Victoria, Fiance, Parents, Speak to Sweden Regarding Engagement
- Crown Princess Victoria’s Engagement Press Conference Fashion
- Crown Princess Victoria Engaged!
- Crown Princess Victoria attends European Youth Parliament
- Crown Princess Victoria Celebrates Name Day with Fiancé