Infanta Cristina Introduces New Charity Project
Today Infanta Cristina, long-time director of the Social Area of La Caixa Foundation, visited the prison of Villalbona to introduce a new project whereby new technologies are taught to the prisoners.
Since March, ten members of the Asturians Older People Voluntary Computing Association have taught 72 inmates some of the new technologies. The project, which is part of the campaign “CiberCaixa Solidaria”, is a pioneering project focused on rehabilitation of the prisoners and is based on the belief that everybody has the right to a new start in spite of having made a mistake.
The prisoners work with 12 computers, and they have learned how use Microsoft Word, and now they are learning about Power Point. Infanta Cristina encouraged them, telling them, “You have a fantastic team and a good opportunity ahead, so to take advantage of it.”Spanish Royals
Tagged Infanta Cristina, Patronage, Technology.
- Infanta Cristina and her Family to move to Washington
- Infanta Elena Promotes the Charity Campaign “A Toy, A Joy”
- Letizia and Cristina with Spanish Youth and Children
- 2008 Award of Castillia and León in Economics “Infanta Crisitina”
- Infanta Elena opens new Headquarters of FIAPAS