King Juan Carlos I Presides Over Day of the Armed Forces
The King and Queen of Spain were accompanied by the Prince and Princess of Asturias to preside over the Day of the Armed Forces ceremony in Madrid on June 8th.
This very solemn military ceremony is a tribute to all fallen soldiers on Armed Forces Day and this year took place on the Plaza de la Lealtad in Madrid. The Plaza de la Lealtad also houses the Spanish War Memorial and has been observed in Spain since 1978.
Following the ceremony the King, Queen and Prince and Princess of Asturias hosted a reception at the imposing Palacio Real in Madrid. This will be the final Day of Armed Forces reception to be hosted by King Juan Carlos I, who will formally abdicate the Spanish throne on June 18th.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Armed Forces Day, Felipe VI, Juan Carlos I, Military, Queen Letizia, Queen Sofia.
- Spanish Royals Preside over Day of the Armed Forces
- Spanish Royals Preside Over Day of the Armed Forces
- Successfully Surgery for King Juan Carlos
- King Juan Carlos I Turns 76
- King Juan Carlos Hosts Dinner for Balearic Authorities