Guillaume and Stéphanie Attend Emaischen Festival
The Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg spent some time at the traditional Emaischen festival in Luxembourg City today.
Guillaume and Stéphanie were treated to music, dancing and displays of peckvillercher, hand-crafted ceramic birds. Traditionally, the birds are given as gifts between lovers. Guillaume was seen blowing into the tail of one bird, as the ceramics are designed as whistles.
The festival is celebrated every year on Easter Monday, originally in the southern town of Nospelt, but now also takes place in the capital’s Fish Market.Filed under Luxembourg Royals
Tagged Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume.
- Guillaume & Stéphanie Married in Civil Ceremony
- Wedding Festivities Kick Off in Luxembourg
- Two Days of Celebrations in October for Luxembourg Wedding
- Where to Watch the Luxembourg Royal Wedding
- Mohammed opens Poetry Festival