Prince Laurent Placed In Artificial Coma
Following his hospitalisation last week, the Belgian Royal Court confirmed yesterday that Prince Laurent has been placed into an artificial coma by his doctors to aid his recovery from pneumonia.
The artificial coma will assist the Prince’s body to heal, as he will not be exerting unnecessary energy, and will allow the antibiotics to fight his illness. It is believed doctors will gradually bring Prince Laurent out of the coma tomorrow. The Palace reports he is in a stable condition.
The Prince has received daily visits from his wife, Princess Claire, and also visits from his brother and sister-in-law, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, on Monday and Tuesday of this week.
Prince Laurent was admitted to Brussels Saint-Luc University Hospital on March 18.Filed under Belgian Royals
Tagged Health, Hospital, Prince Laurent.
- Prince Friso in Coma following Avalanche Last Friday
- Belgian King and Queen at inauguration of Magritte Museum
- Queen Elizabeth Discharged From Hospital
- Belgian Introductory Visit To The Netherlands
- Queen Fabiola in the Hospital for Almost Four Weeks