Prince Laurent Hospitalised in Brussels
Belgian media yesterday reported that Prince Laurent, the younger son of former King Albert II and Queen Paola, was hospitalised on Tuesday, the reason being ‘exhaustion’.
He has been at the Brussels Saint-Luc University Hospital since then. A spokesperson for the palace did not confirm the news, however they stated that the Prince requests privacy. It is believed that despite the exhaustion, there is no cause for concern over the Prince’s health. This has, however, not stopped the Belgian media from speculating on the actual reason behind the hospitalisation – depression or anxiety.
Prince Laurent’s wife, Claire, visited the hospital yesterday afternoon, driving herself in a black mini-van. She did not respond to any of media questions regarding her husband’s condition.
The Prince is believed to have spent time in hospital previously for exhaustion, back in 1999.Filed under Belgian Royals
Tagged Health, Hospital, Prince Laurent.
- Prince Friso in Coma following Avalanche Last Friday
- Princess Mathilde Visits Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Dutch Royals Gather In Brussels For Routes Award
- Queen Fabiola in the Hospital for Almost Four Weeks
- Abdullah & Rania Inaugurate First Children’s Hospital in Jordan