Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma Appointed to Ambassadorship
Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma, the Count of Bardi, was recently appointed as the Dutch Ambassador to the Vatican City. Prince Jaime has worked at the Netherland’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs for several years.
Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma, Count of Bardi was born on 13 October 1972 in Nijmegan, the Netherlands. He is the second son and third child of Princess Irene of the Netherlands (sister of the former Queen Beatrix) and her late husband; Carlos Hugo, Duke of Parma. He is a twin of Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma, who was born a minute earlier than him. His other siblings are Carlos (born in 1970) and Maria Carolina (born in 1974). Jaime was six weeks premature when he was born and stayed in an incubator at the hospital for a few days. His full name is Jaime Bernardo and Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands is his godfather.
Jaime married Viktória Cservenyák in a civil ceremony on October 3 2013 in Wijk bij Duurstede, the Netherlands. This was followed by a religious ceremony which took place on October 5 2013 at the Church of Our Lady in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. On 30 November 2013, it was announced that Jaime and Viktória are expecting their first child, which is due in February 2014.Filed under Italian Royals
Tagged Ambassador, Bourbon-Parma, Prince Jaime, Vatican City.
- Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma Engaged
- Princess Viktória of Bourbon-Parma Expecting First Child
- Religious Wedding for Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma and Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel
- Civil Wedding for Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma and Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel
- Engagement of Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Parma and Albert Brenninkmeijer