Jordan’s King & Queen Visit King Hussein Cancer Centre
Accompanied by his wife, Queen Rania, King Abdullah II of Jordan spent part of his birthday, which was marked yesterday, visiting young patients at King Hussein Cancer Centre (KHCC), in Amman.
The royal couple toured the centre’s several divisions including the Intensive Care Unit where Their Majesties checked on the condition of the children being treated there. During the visit, King Abdullah II ordered that the best available health care and treatment be provided to them, as Petra News Agency reported later.
His Majesty also praised the efforts of the KHCC staff and wished all the patients a speedy recovery.
At the end of the visit, the King presented gifts and provided new tablets as well as a new playing yard equipments for the children being treated at the centre.
The King Hussin Cancer Centre (KHCC) carries the name of King Abdullah’s late father, King Hussein bin Talal, who passed away in 1999, after a long battle with cancer.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Abdullah II, Cancer, Children, Health, Hospital, Queen Rania.
- Queen Rania Visits the King Hussein Cancer Center
- Jordan’s King & Queen Visit The Vatican
- Abdullah & Rania Inaugurate First Children’s Hospital in Jordan
- Princess Lalla Salma Allies with Roche for the Fight Against Cancer in Morocco
- King Abdullah & Queen Rania To Visit Turkey