Denmark’s Margrethe II Names New Prime Minister
Yesterday, Queen Margrethe II named Lars Løkke Rasmussen as the 40th Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Denmark, the fifth in her reign. The decision came after the previous Prime Minster, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, handed her his resignation to become the Secretary General of NATO.
Prime Minister Løkke Rasmussen heads the Liberal-Conservative Coalition, which holds the parliamentary majority, enabling them to head to November 2011 without holding a general election.
Mr Fogh Rasmussen left Amalienborg Palace after his meeting with the Queen a normal citizen, and he will take over as NATO’s Secretary General on August 1.Filed under Danish Royals
Tagged Government, Margrethe II, NATO, Parliament, Prime Minister A.F. Rasmussen, Prime Minister L.L. Rasmussen.
- Queen Margrethe holds ball at Christianborg Slot
- Princess Victoria Names the Day
- Queen Margrethe hands out award to guardsman
- Prince of Orange With Environment Minister in Malmö
- Queen Margrethe at Press Conference for New Film