Spanish Royals Preside Over National Sports Awards
December 2nd, 2013
The Spanish Royal Family presided over the 2013 National Sports Awards which were held at the El Pardo Palace in Madrid on December 2nd. Presiding over the 2013 Awards was Queen Sofia, who was accompanied by the Prince and Princess of Asturias and Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo. King Juan Carlos was absent this year, as he is still in recovery from his hip operation.
The annual Sports Award is a Spanish royal highlight and recognizes distinguished individuals in the sporting world. Awards this year went to Olympic gold medal sailor Marina Alabau, taekwondo champion Joel González and junior triple jumper Ana Peleteiro.
Following the ceremony, the Queen and Royal Family posed with the award winners for a series of photographs.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Awards, Felipe VI, Infanta Elena, Queen Letizia, Queen Sofia, Sport.
- Spanish Royal Family Preside Over National Sports Awards
- Spain National Awards for Sports
- Spanish Royal Family Receive National Handball Team
- Spanish Royals Preside over Day of the Armed Forces
- The Duchess of Cambridge at Sports Personality of the Year Awards