Princess Laurentien at Society to Benefit Education 225th Anniversary
Yesterday, Princess Laurentien travelled to Rotterdam to attend the Society to Benefit General Education’s 225th anniversary celebration. The event took place at Rotterdam’s National Museum, where the Princess was presented with the first copy of the Society’s jubilee book.
Laurentien toured the museum and viewed the exhibition celebrating the Society’s 225 years. The exhibition features original 19th century prints showing the Society’s work.
For over two centuries, the Society to Benefit General Education has worked to give education to children, train teachers, fund libraries and create savings in banks to be used for the Society in future.
More information on Laurentien’s attendance at the celebration can be found here.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Education, Exhibition, Princess Laurentien.
- Princess Laurentien Special UNESCO Envoy
- Princess Laurentien Writes Children’s Book
- Princess Laurentien Knows that “It Begins with Reading”
- Mohammed speaks at Education Forum
- Constantijn & Laurentien attend ‘Reader’ Premiere