Queen Maxima Attends Prince Bernhard Cultural Prize 2013
On Monday November 11th, Queen Maxima presented the Prince Bernard Cultural Prize 2013 at Amsterdam’s Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ. This years award was awarded to Piet Oudolf, a garden and landscape designer.
Piet Oudolf was born in Haarlem in 1944. He received this award for his achievements in the field of gardening and landscape design for his leading and unique work. The prize of the Prince Bernhard Culture Fund is a sum of 75,000 euros with an addition of another 75,000 euros that the winner can use as capital of a Culture Fund.
The Prince Bernhard Cultural Prize is awarded to individuals or institutions that have succeded in the field of music, theater, dance, visual arts, history, literature, heritage, cultural or nature conservation. The Prince Bernhard Culture Fund was created in London in 1940 by Prince Bernhard, husband of the then Queen Juliana.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Awards, Prince Bernhard Culture Fund, Queen Máxima.
- Princess Maxima attends Prince Bernhard Cultural Prize 2010
- Princess Máxima Presents ‘Prince Bernhard Culture Fund’ Award
- King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima: “Appeltjes van Oranje 2013″
- Dutch Royal Family attended “Prince Claus Award” 2010
- Princess Máxima Receives Machiavelli Prize