Abdullah & Rania Mark Late King’s Birthday
King Abdullah II and Queen Rania visited on Thursday the tomb of the late King Hussein bin Talal on the occasion of the 78th anniversary of his birth.
During the visit, the king and queen were accompanied by their children, Princess Iman, Princess Salma and Prince Hashem. Upon his arrival to the Royal Mausoleums, King Abdullah reviewed the honor guard who recieved him.
After that, King Abdullah and his family moved to the graves where they read Al-fatiha (parts of the holly Qurr’aan) for the soul of their late beloved father and King.
The late King Hussein bin Talal, who passed away in 1999 after a long cancer treatment, ruled Jordan for nearly five decades. He was succeeded by his eldest son, the current King. King Hussein was married four times and had 12 children, including an adopted daughter with his third wife, Queen Alia.
The late King’s tomb was also visited by other royal family members as well as government officials.
Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Abdullah II, Anniversary, King Hussein, Prince Hashem, Princess Iman of Jordan, Princess Salma, Queen Rania.
- King Abdullah and Prince Ali Visit the Tomb of Late Queen Alia
- HM King Abdullah II visits his Primary School with Queen Rania
- Abdullah & Rania Inaugurate First Children’s Hospital in Jordan
- King Abdullah and Queen Rania Celebrate 20th Wedding Anniversary
- Abdullah II Meets President Nazarbayev