Spanish Royal Family Celebrate National Day
On Saturday October 12th, the Spanish Royal Family presided over the annual National Day celebrations in Madrid.
This year the Madrid Military Parade was presided over by the Prince and Princess of Asturias. The absence of the King was due to his recent surgery, the Queen and Infanta Elena also did not attend the military parade.
However the official reception at the Palacio Real in Madrid was presided over by Queen Sofia and Her Majesty was accompanied by Prince Felipe, Princess Letizia and Infanta Elena.
Fiesta Nacional de España, or Spanish National Day, celebrates the anniversary of Columbus’s arrival in the Americas and also marks Spain’s Day of the Armed Forces.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Felipe VI, Infanta Elena, Juan Carlos I, National Day, Queen Letizia, Queen Sofia.
- Spanish Royal Family Celebrate National Day 2012
- Spanish Royal Family Celebrate National Day 2011
- Spanish Royal Family Preside Over National Sports Awards
- Spanish Royals celebrate National Day
- Spanish Royal Family Hosts Dinner In Honor Of IOC Evaluation Commission