Swazi King Set To Wed Fifteenth Wife
The King of Swaziland, Mswati III, has revealed his intentions to marry for the fifteenth time.
“I can confirm that the King has introduced to the nation a new liphovela [royal fiancee],” Mr Timothy Mtetwa, the governor of Ludzidzini Palace, told media outlets earlier this week. The introduction is believed to have taken place over the weekend at a traditional Reed Dance celebration.
The bride-to-be, who will become the King’s wife only once she falls pregnant, is 18-year-old Sindiswa Dlamini, a beauty pageant contestant.
Much scandal follows King Mswati wherever he goes, as he is the last remaining absolute monarch in sub-Saharan Africa, and lives a vastly lavish lifestyle while his citizens live in poverty. The treatment of his first fourteen wives – one of which is not considered by some as his wife as she fled the country before the wedding could take place – also contributes to his poor image.Filed under Swazi Royals
Tagged Engagement, Mswati III, Sindiswa Dlamini.
- Deterioration of Former Royal Residence Causes Visit By Swazi King To Be Cancelled
- President Banda of Zambia Hopes that Swazi King Can Help Attract Investors
- Pressure From Loyalists to Drop Newspaper Column?
- King Mswati III of Swaziland Visits Zimbabwe
- King Mswati III of Swaziland Wraps Up Visit to Zimbabwe