Prince Daniel of Sweden Turns 40
Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland turned 40 on September 15th.
He was born at Örebro in Sweden and his full name is Olof Daniel Westling. He was christened at the nearby Almby church. Following his military service, he moved to Stockholm to pursue a career in sports and fitness.
It was while working as a personal trainer that he met Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden in 2001 and a relationship blossomed. In February 2009, the couple announced their engagement and were married at the Storkyrkan (Stockholm Cathedral) on June 19th, 2010. Daniel was made a Prince of Sweden by his father-in-law, King Carl XVI Gustaf and granted him the style of Royal Highness.
The royal couple currently have one child, a daughter named Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland, who was born on February 23rd, 2012.Filed under Swedish Royals
Tagged Birthday, Prince Daniel.
- Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden Turns 36
- Prince Carl Philip of Sweden Turns 34
- Queen Silvia : “Daniel is a man with a lot of warmth!” “Very big heart!”
- King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden Turns 67
- Swedish Royal Wedding Look-Back: Victoria and Daniel