Prince Joachim & Princess Marie Mark Flag Day
Denmark’s fifth annual Flag Day commemorating the soldiers who have fought and fallen in conflicts abroad since World War II was held yesterday in the presence of Prince Joachim and Princess Marie.
The couple attended several ceremonies held to mark the day, beginning with a wreath-laying at the Citadel in Copenhagen. Joachim and Marie laid a wreath bearing red and white ribbons emblazoned with their monograms at the base of the Monument for Denmark’s International Effort Since 1948. The monument was designed by Finn Reinbothe and reads One Time – One Place – One Human.
Later, the Prince and Princess attended a memorial service at the Holmens Kirke, and a parade on the Christiansborg Palace Square.Filed under Danish Royals
Tagged Military, Prince Joachim of Denmark, Princess Marie of Denmark, Remembrance Day.
- Princess Marie and Prince Joachim in Tønder
- Prince Joachim & Princess Marie Expecting 2nd Child
- Marie and Joachim in Billund
- Prince Joachim Attends Rededication of Danish Military Cemetery
- Joachim and Marie Take Newborn Daughter Home