From the Royal Genealogy threads – August 2013
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from August 2013. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
Princess Hafizah of Brunei and Muhammad Ruzaini had their first child, Muhammad Za’eem, on 3 August. Princess Xenia Galitzine and Alberto Mata Maya had their second child and first son, Damian, on 12 August. A brother for Lidia. Princess Vanessa of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Pieter Haitsma Mulier had their first son and third child, Louis, on 14 August. A brother for Selina and Felicia. Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor had their first child, Maud, on 15 August.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
- Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor. (1st child, due in August of 2013)
- Hereditary Count Leopold and Hereditary Countess Annina Fugger of Babenhausen (3rd child)
- Prince Ferdinand and Princess Alice of Lippe-Weissenfeld, née Princess of Bavaria. (1st child, due at the end of the summer of 2013)
- The Duke and Duchess of Parma. (2nd child, due in November 2013 )
- Archduke Imre and Archduchess Kathleen of Austria (1st child, due in November 2013)
- Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeanette of Fürstenberg. (1st child, due in December of 2013)
- Zara and Michael Tindall – 2014
Royal engagements and weddings
Prince João Filipe of Orleans-Bragança married Yasmin Paranaguá on 3 August. Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma announced his engagement to Viktória Cservenyák on 12 August 2013. Viktória has been given the title “Countess of Monizón” by her future brother-in-law, the Duke of Parma. Prince Muhammad Ali of Egypt, Prince of Sa’id, and Princess Noal Zaher of Afghanistan were married on 30 August. Andrea Casiraghi married Tatiana Santo Domingo on 31 August. That same day, Prince Rahim Aga Khan, oldest son of the Aga Khan, married Kendra Spears (now Princess Salwa).
Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau, second son of former Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, died on 12 August 2013. Prince Musaed Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia, brother of King Abdullah, died on 19 August 2013.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
2011: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09&10 11 12
2012: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12
2013: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07
Other related blog entries: A Look Back at a Royal 2010 Looking Forward to a Royal 2011 A Look Back at a Royal 2011 Looking Forward to a Royal 2012 A Look Back at a Royal 2012 Looking Forward to a Royal 2013 Filed under The Royal Forums
Tagged Royal Genealogy.
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – February 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – June 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – July 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – April 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – March 2013