Dubai’s Ruler aiming to win Kentucky Derby
Dubai’s ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum has decided to participate in the kentucy derby after two of his three-year-old colts dominated the UAE races. Regal Ransom and Desert Party who finished about 15 lengths ahead of their closest rivals in the US$2 million race are both owned by the sheikh’s powerful Godolphin Racing stable.
The colts next race could be the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky on May 2.
Sheikh Mohammed has long said his dream was winning the Kentucky Derby, with a horse trained primarily in Dubai. Sheikh Mohammed said “Every year we’ll come, we’ll come back stronger. Watch out for us,” upon arriving in 2001 at Churchill Downs the day before the 2001 Derby.Filed under UAE Royals
Tagged Dubai, Horse Racing, Horses, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, United States of America.
- Dubai ruler visits Art Dubai & attends horse show
- Gulf Royals at $6 million Dubai World Cup
- Dubai ruler’s two day visit to Moscow starts Monday
- Mohammed Bin Rashid attends poetry evening
- UAE Crown Prince meets US Envoy